Tech Tree Editor

Civ4 complete is installed in C:\games\Civ4 Complete\
BTS is thus in: C:\games\Civ4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\
I installed the mod in C:\games\Civ4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\mods\Tech Tree Editor\

(I first installed it to My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Tech Tree Editor\ with the same result.)

Ah, that might be the problem. Give me a sec and I'll give you a fix

Civ4 complete is installed in C:\games\Civ4 Complete\
BTS is thus in: C:\games\Civ4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\
I installed the mod in C:\games\Civ4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\mods\Tech Tree Editor\

(I first installed it to My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Tech Tree Editor\ with the same result.)

Alright, please replace your copy of CvPath found in the Assets\Python\INIParser directory and let me know if that works for you. I have hard coded your installation directory into the file

Attachments

• CvPath.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 254
Alright, please replace your copy of CvPath found in the Assets\Python\INIParser directory and let me know if that works for you. I have hard coded your installation directory into the file

That worked.

I've now pin pointed what went wrong in my case. The registry key :

"\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\INSTALLDIR"

Does not exist on my machine. This seems to because I have the civ4 complete edition installed. I changed the reference to point to:
"\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword\INSTALLDIR"
(and removed the line that added \Beyond the Sword by hand). This now works on my machine. I have attached this version of CvPath.py. I believe that this might work for any BTS install. (I can't be sure, but I suspect that the BTS install always generates this key.)

Attachments

• CvPath.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 244
I cant save the files and when i try to it says files not saved and i have Create Hirearchy in the Config on. Please Help

I cant save the files and when i try to it says files not saved and i have Create Hirearchy in the Config on. Please Help

What version are you using and please post our INI file. Did you change any part of a tech? If you don't the files won't get written out,

Try downloading it again... I updated the CvPath.py file in it. Turns out that if you don't install BtS in the default location you get this error. My fix should take care of this error.

Hi, Just trying this editor out for the first time. I can navigate round it and make changes well enough but when I click the save button I get the message 'File not saved!' Have I missed something?

Hi, Just trying this editor out for the first time. I can navigate round it and make changes well enough but when I click the save button I get the message 'File not saved!' Have I missed something?

Replace your copy of the CvPath.py file with the one attached please

Attachments

• CvPath.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 257
This seems to crash Civ 4 when I start a game and try and access the Tech tree. Have you seen this before?
I have re-installed Civ 4 & Warlords but the same thing happens.
I transfered the tech tree files into the Warlords folder. Should it go into the Civ 4 folder instead?

This seems to crash Civ 4 when I start a game and try and access the Tech tree. Have you seen this before?
I have re-installed Civ 4 & Warlords but the same thing happens.
I transfered the tech tree files into the Warlords folder. Should it go into the Civ 4 folder instead?

You should never modify the asset files for the game directly. What are the configuration values set for the tech tree editor? What version of warlords are you using? What version of the tech tree editor are you using? I did see this problem but with early versions of the tech tree editor and when only the tech file was used in a mod instead of the entire tree and techs were removed and their associated files were not adjusted accordingly.

Tech Tree v0.6.2w & Warlords v2.13 - How do I find the configuation values for the editor? All I did was disable some of the later techs.

The Tech Tree Editor config files are in the main folder for the tech tree editor. The name of the file is: Tech Tree Editor Config.ini

And no I don't have this problem in my version of Warlords.

I'm getting the 'File not saved' problem too. I tried to create a specific folder for saved files in the mod folder (adjusted .ini attached). You may have to walk me through this, mods and me don't get on :cry:

Attachments

• Tech Tree Editor Config.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 197
I'm getting the 'File not saved' problem too. I tried to create a specific folder for saved files in the mod folder (adjusted .ini attached). You may have to walk me through this, mods and me don't get on :cry:

What Civ4 version and Tech Tree Editor version are you using/

I've got BtS patched to 3.19 and I downloaded v0.7.2w of the mod. I also got your CvPath.py file to fix the no-UI problem. It all works fine except for the save issue.

Hope that helps

I've got BtS patched to 3.19 and I downloaded v0.7.2w of the mod. I also got your CvPath.py file to fix the no-UI problem. It all works fine except for the save issue.

Hope that helps

You didn't need the CvPath.py file fix... the BtS version of the tech tree editor already had the fix. Please redownload version v0.7.2BtS to restore the original CvPath.py file.

Top Bottom