Technical Problem - UI missing

I've just installed BBAI as a stand alone Mod and followed the instructions to merge it with the BUG Mod, which is installed in custom assets. Right after installing, I started a game to try the mod but the User Interface is missing.
Spoiler :

What should I do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

PS. If this is the wrong place to post this, I'm sorry.

Did you get BBAI and the BUG mod working alone?

I don't see instructions in the first post in that thread that says how to put the BUG mod into a BBAI mod stand-alone. What instructions, exactly, did you follow?

What version of BUG and BBAI where you using?

1- BUG has been working fine ever since I installed it. I could not get Better AI to work.

2-I used the instructions in the spoiler with this title:if you installed BUG 3.5 to CustomAssets and want to install Better AI as a standalone Mod:

3-BUG 3.6; BBAI 0.80.

Is the install different for BUG 3.6? Could that be the problem?

I know from reading the BUG forums that the user interface disappearing is a common "something went wrong" problem when installing or fooling around with BUG.

However, I've only ever merged them both as standalone mods, so I can't say what might have happened here. :/

The first thing I'd do is never, ever install anything into custom assets. Always install things as stand-alone mods. You can pass in a flag to get the mod to load from a shortcut.

But that is just me.

Jujulautre, How do I do that?

Cybah, for what I could see in the other thread, that file was designed to merge the two mods when they are both installed as standalone mods and that's not my case.

Open the .ini file inside the mod folder (should be the same name as the mod), and change ignorecustomassets from 0 to 1

Thanks JujuLautre, it worked. I still haven't seen any differences in the AI behaviour, but it's still too early in the game.

If anyone knows a way to fix the problem I have merging the mods, please let me know. I'd like to run BBAI along with BUG. BTW, I was unaware that the UP came together...

Oh, right, you had BUG installed in customassets, so doing what I told you made BUG completely disappear I believe :blush:

Do not hesitate to pm me if you want more help

Top Bottom