Technology creation program

Well. This tool sounds awesome, and from its older version must be awesome.... But since you updated to .net 3.5... I can't use it.

Was it really necessary to update it to being .net 3.5? Those of us that don't have XP or VISTA can't go past .net 2.0, it's simply not available... Any chance we could get a back-port? ; . ;

Admittedly this only effects those of us with Windows 2k. Cus' M$ is a bunch of... Well I best not say that here. But it is kinda sad.

I converted it back to .NET 2.0, and found out that a lot of functions were much easier to use. Import is almost finished, just terrain trades, domain moves and flavors have to be done now. Next update will be version 1.0. Also, I found a terrible bug causing the program not to remember changing prereqs, terrain trades and domain moves... don't know how that bug could have slipped through the debugging process, but I fixed it now anyway.

Wow. Its rather shiny. Although the settings config is a little confusing.

Just wow. This tool is everything I need to tear apart a tech tree. Rebuild it. And well. Turn it into what I want. Thanks alot. I imagine theres a few bugs... But I should be putting it through its paces over the next week or so. So well see.

Big thank you for the update. Finally we have a BTS tech editor :goodjob:

Im confused, where is the xml file for BTS that i should be importing? I just want to try doing some simple changes to some existing techs.

The XML file is (or should be) in the folder: C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Assets/XML/Technologies/
It's called Civ4TechInfos.xml. But the program should automatically find that directory... Maybe you've installed your Civ game differently. In that case, you can use search to find the file.

Thanks - Very handy program :)

Quick bug report - I think the "Defensive Pact" check box is reading from the "Open Borders" boolean (assuming it's a cut-and-paste bug) and the same issue translates into importing/exporting (whichever Tech has "Enables Open Borders" set also gets "Enables Defensive Pact")

Uhm...how do I save changes? It doesn't seem to save any of the alterations I make, there is no "Save" button, and the "Export" button causes the thing to freeze after the progress bar gets to about 20%. Seems like it would be a really handy utility, if I could only save my changes. THanks, Joe

Uhm...how do I save changes? It doesn't seem to save any of the alterations I make, there is no "Save" button, and the "Export" button causes the thing to freeze after the progress bar gets to about 20%. Seems like it would be a really handy utility, if I could only save my changes. THanks, Joe

Export is the right way to go though I've not experienced any freezes. Vista by any chance?

No, XP. When I hover over the button itself it says something to the effect of "Not usable yet, functionality coming". I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, and I have .NET installed. Any ideas? (I hate it when I see others posting 'errors' that may not actually be problems with the program but problems with the user, that may be the case here :) I'm just not sure what to do next )

No, XP. When I hover over the button itself it says something to the effect of "Not usable yet, functionality coming". I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, and I have .NET installed. Any ideas? (I hate it when I see others posting 'errors' that may not actually be problems with the program but problems with the user, that may be the case here :) I'm just not sure what to do next )

Hmm - when you press that button there is supposed to be a new window with all the XML code in and an option to copy it to the clip board. Then you just paste it into your TechInfos file (in theory).

When I try to put the document i edited back in its just a jumble of words in no format

Are you still working on this Laucian? Im getting into writing programs myself and am creating a similar thing as this now... although I shoulda asked for your source code but its mainly written now :) if youd be up for a chat on MSN send us a PM or something... im trying to think how to make the tech tree like yours but draggable to edit it?

what does "Flavor" do?

It tells the game what to reccomend it as
as in reccomended military
reccomended culture
recommended economy
etc.

Top Bottom