Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Don't watch tv or don't care

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • TV ROTS THE BRAIN YOU SPAMMING NEANDERTHAL

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

Lifeblood

Defender of the faith
I'm watching CSI (between spamming this forum) and I wondered what everyone's favourite TV show is. As in current US and running hour format. We all know Fantasy Island is the best it gets. Please state a valid reason. It blows is not good enough. CSI is the highest rated show and I wondered if I'm the only one who likes crime shows. I even watched German detective shows when I was little. I know some of you will start to rail it's brainrotting features. Oh and what's with these German versions of Skippy the bush cangaroo like that crime solving monkey and that dog? Mein freund charlie or something.

I don't know what most of the shows are.

So I just selected the first program I've actually watched at some time or other :undecide:

I like CSI because it is good. Also I like survivor and am disapointed that it didn't get in when all these situationals did. (And who likes Charmed, the SFX are awful :vomit:)

Believe it or not, I watch none of those shows. When I remeber that Enterprise is on, which isnt often, I might tune in to catch the Vulcan chick smearing ointment all over her body. Seems to happen in every episode.

I have a TV but I don't watch any TV-shows or whatever. I have a TV coz it's more fun to have an x-box and a ps2 if you do.

I don't TV, although every once in a while I watch History channel or catch an episode of Family Guy.

Oh I didnt notice Dead Like Me on the list. Thats a good show, I check in on it from time to time.

Well I have just finished watching Stargate SG-1 followed by Enterprise, so you can count me as a fan of both of those shows:)

Of the others mentioned in the poll, I watch Angel, 24, The West Wing and Six Feet Under.

The West Wing and Six Feet Under are probably my fave TV shows, followed then by Stargate:goodjob:

The Shield is the only one that I watch from time to time. Lots of actions and crooked cops, what's not to like? Ok a lot of things but no tv shows are perfect. Micheal Chiklis is great in this show and for some reason they have a killer soundtrack every episode.
Edit: spelling errors as usual

Haha, excellent, Stargate is winning! I wasn't even expecting it to be on the list.

The show has deteriorated greatly over the past three seasons, but the early stuff still makes it the clear winner for me.

I don't watch a lot TV. However, my favorite show is certainly Friends. I used to be a fan of that show and I'm still always glad when I see an episode on T.V. Unfortunately, Friends is not on the list so I voted the Neanderthal thing. :D

Friends is not on the list because I was asking about proper shows and not sitcoms. That and I loathe friends. ;)

I'm going to watch the next season of the Shield since I've noticed 24 fans recommend it. I love these bulleproof heroes like Jack Bauer and Andy from NYPD. Doing ANYTHING to get the perps to confess and leaving a trail of dead bodies in the process. I also love that hardball dialogue they use all the time.

Originally posted by Lifeblood
I even watched German detective shows when I was little. I know some of you will start to rail it's brainrotting features. Oh and what's with these German versions of Skippy the bush cangaroo like that crime solving monkey and that dog? Mein freund charlie or something.

what that crap was sold to foreign TV stations? can't believe it :eek:

btw, best show ever was Seinfeld IMO

Originally posted by SanPellegrino

what that crap was sold to foreign TV stations? can't believe it :eek:

btw, best show ever was Seinfeld IMO

Yeah, unfortunately a channel has aired that dogshow (Rex) and the show about the chimp with the superior intellect sporting diapers. It's absurd to see a German Shepard solve murder cases by looking serious and barking when it senses something criminal is going down. What's next? Crime solving owls that hoot in the forest but can solve crimes by telepathy? And yes, I've not seen a show funnier than Seinfeld but that's also a sitcom. Soup Nazi anyone? I bet these crappy shows like crimesolving monkey are so damn cheap in bulk.

Off-topic: If you're a Seinfeld fan be sure to see "Curb you enthusiasm" with Larry David (creator of Seinfeld) on HBO or on DVD. It's almost like Seinfeld...but HARDCORE! ;)

Best television show ever: Monty Python's Flying Circus
Best current television show: Black Books
Best American television show: Buffy
Best current American television (available in UK): The West Wing/E.R.

I watch TV...but good stuff, not the crap in the poll.

By good stuff, I mean these shows: Chappelle's Show, the Daily Show, Family Guy.

Top Bottom