Temples producing 4 culture per turn

lummoxybez

Chieftain
My outlying cities have temples that are producing 2 culture per turn, but my capital and other central cities are producing 4 culture per turn.
I can't see any reason that they could do that in the Civopedia.

Any ideas?

I'm playing as the Japanese on Monarch diff if that helps.

My outlying cities have temples that are producing 2 culture per turn, but my capital and other central cities are producing 4 culture per turn.

Any ideas?

The amount of culture an improvement or Wonder generates doubles after 1000 years. Look up "Culture" in the Civilopedia.

Any ideas?

Being Japanese (Asian) or diff level doesnt influence your culture output.

Being religious does however make it cheaper to build temples which make is more likely for them to be built early enough to become 1000 years old. Being 1000 years old is the only thing that matters.

And being real - ToA temples never become 1000 years old, even if it looks like they have been around longer.

And being real - ToA temples never become 1000 years old, even if it looks like they have been around longer.

This is what has always irritated me about this Wonder.

It's the most expensive AA Wonder bar the library, and yet its effect is so utterly fleeting. If you're efficient it lasts about 3 or 4 tech's worth of time, and then you factor in you have to build the thing first in some cases.

And on top of this, it screws you over by deleting all your 'free' temples as soon as it expires, usually causing widespread rioting unless you're efficient enough to remember and somehow perfectly prepare for it expiring (or just potentially waste a turn's tech by lazily pumping the Lux slider for a turn).

And then, if you want Temples, you have to build them all again anyway, at a point in the game when you're way to busy building everything else.

It's not as if Temples are even that over-powered to begin with to warrant them not being a permanent freeby. I can only imagine its because it doesn't 'balance' well with the new Cultural Victory scenario. The Great Wall, however, doesn't even have that excuse... for the Great Wall, they, uniquely, decided to go with... realism! Lol

Those are no real temples, they have no age.

If want double culture you need to build temples before ToA. ToA will then have the effect to make those temples free of maintenance costs.

Top Bottom