Term 1 - Ministry of War: The Rise of the Samurai

Somebody say navy? :)

Navy is good becuase we can explore the coast by sea, whice is alot fast.

So I agree to settle by a coast too...

- General TP of the Navy (sounds better than Chief of the Navy):D

Navy is overrated IMHO unless you're on a small island. By the time you can build anything decent, you're almost up to airports, in which case you just pop a few tanks in a transport, capture a city, rush an airport and then fly a few hundred more tanks to join them. I find that the AI builds too many annoying little ships that bombard my coastline, but if I try to kill them, their ironclads sink my destroyers and it becomes an expensive exercise.

I usually pay 100g or so and buy somebody else's world map, or trade for it when I'm trading a tech that the AI values more for one that it values less.

Civman2004 said:
I usually pay 100g or so and buy somebody else's world map, or trade for it when I'm trading a tech that the AI values more for one that it values less.

We will trade for Maps, however, it's good to get an early head start as much as possible.... If we can find that Island before the AI does, it might be worth it. Or spot that luxary near the shore we can try to claim before the AI does.... now isn't that worth not just relying on the AI's exploration?

Oh not to mention by following the coast we will get a more complete communications network, which hopefully means we'll be able to trade contacts for goods.

You have all heard me before on the benefits of naval capabilities. I wont go on again. It is very encouraging to hear our leader speak about the longer term plans for a navy.

I have used navies highly effectively in my games, though I will not lie and say that it is bigger than any other branch I create. The Air force is significantly larger (I know were not there yet ;) ) and the army much bigger. Still I use it for its purpouses.

Big navy or not just depends on the type of map we are on. If it is mostly water then yes we would need a large navy. But if it is a pangea then what would be the point?

Sarevok said:
If it was Pangaea then it would be for exploration almost purely.

Or a surprise attack possibly on those pesky kids from the other side of the world. It is a shame Civ3 doesn't focus more on the importance of navies in disrupting trade or anything like that.

blackheart said:
Or a surprise attack possibly on those pesky kids from the other side of the world. It is a shame Civ3 doesn't focus more on the importance of navies in disrupting trade or anything like that.
yeah, it is quite unfortunate :(

I wish for the Ministry of War to partisipate and cast there vote in the Dealing with Demands from other nations - Poll .

Ok, ill check it out :)

Honorable Minister Sarevok

I am about to lauch the Ringi Reform of Japanatica, and the first target is the cit localization and development. As a Military Advisor, you are interested in building miliary facilities such as barracks and city walls, and in perspecttive coastal fortresses and SAM Battery in order to augment city defenses.

Please investigate the City Proposal Thread and assess the printed map, marcation of future city borders, the tile production by shield, gold food and gold. Shield is the most critical aspect for your Departments needs, and food in perspective, as you would need to draft conscripts one day.

So whenever a proposed city comes into the view on that thread, grade it from 0-5 based on how good the city location is. Also grade the city for its future military value, defensible terrain, military improvement prospects and so
on. When complete, write 4-6 lines on the point selection, and submit it tith the Domestic Affairs Ministry. If the City alternative is approved and selected for polling, you are free to, but not obliged, to write in the city proposal thread in order to influence the outcome. I have posted similar posts in the other Departments.

Barracks, Citywalls

Coastal Fortress

Sam Battery

----------------

Fortresses

Military Road

Sounds good to me, Ill check it out :)

BTW, to those concerned and I did not state this earlier (I was banned :mad: ) is that I will be away this weekend and cannot do the tC instructions or be at the TC. I have PMed Falcon02 to do it, and though there is confirmation he has read the message, I have recieved no reply.

He has told that in the first moves thread and the instructions, so he is loyal and committed, not to mention talented, Falcon02 did a good job in the Province thread-

Sarevok said:
Sounds good to me, Ill check it out :)

BTW, to those concerned and I did not state this earlier (I was banned :mad: ) is that I will be away this weekend and cannot do the tC instructions or be at the TC. I have PMed Falcon02 to do it, and though there is confirmation he has read the message, I have recieved no reply.

I apologize for not giving you a direct PM response as confirmation :blush:, I will try to make a point to do this in the future.

Officers, place make a qiuick detour NW, 1 tile, in order quickly to figure out that city location. There is a mismatch here.

Top Bottom