Term 4 Foreign Advisor Elections

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!

• duke o' york

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Rout

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke o' york

It don't mean a thing....
The frontiers of the NUF seem to have halted their expansion for the time being, but plans are afoot for boat trips to the islands visible to the south, and some to the land inhabited by the Vikings to our northeast. Who will lead these settlers as they go to colonise new lands and meet and destory new civilisations?

It seems strange to choose between two old pirates both hailing from the same, inland, city to command our flagship in its exploration, but these are the NUF elections and we are used to bizarre goings-on. <apologies for terrible pun abaft> So who Leeds our first armada? Rout is relatively new to the game but has made an impact already and looks to be a valuable citizen of Fanatica with his good advice and occasional agreeing with me ;). A most dashing buckler of swashes everywhere, he was forced into piracy by being far too accomplished for the navy and making the admirals look bad. On the other hand, never a more scurvy dog menaced landlubbers at the docks than this other duke o' york character. With his suspicious limp that disappears when he is chased by Her Majesty's finest and his known association with the infamous rapscallion Rodgers, he isn't the sort of chap you'd let your daughter go within 500 yards of, let alone run a major government department.

So which of these two seafarers should stand upon the prow of the HMS Princess Lucy, and which should be selling bogus treasure maps in the Frog and Weasel? Voting closes on Friday morning so get the wind in your sails and direct yourself to the voting booths. Election manifestos, as usual, go in this thread. :)

Can everyone please stop voting for me and start voting for Rout!

Don't believe a word ainwood says - I'm very suspicious as I think that his countdown was on 75 yesterday and is now on 69 today. This may well be a Rodgersesque bit of naughtiness but he may well be leading you all astray with his countdown conundrum (apologies to all the non-Brit fanatics for that joke). :hmm:

As foreign minister I will ensure that exploration is carried out in the best interests of the expansion of our glorious nation, researching the best terrain for city founding regarding tactical placement, and resources. :scan:

Furthermore, I promise to drive bargains with our overseas friends so hard that they will be forced to choke up every scrap of scientific knowledge known to them, while going away feeling lucky we taught them 'crocheting' (ask you gran).:spank:

I will also strive to nurture any (ie, the eventual) aggressive expansion into foreign territory, so that we take the best cities, the best technology, the best wonders, and the best tactical advantage with our main rivals; and lead the way in forging peace treaties to protect the citizens when necessary, and to gain knowledge from our rivals.:D

More importantly I promise to represent the will of the people of NUF.:goodjob:
Most importantly I actually want this post!!

Originally posted by Rout
Most importantly I actually want this post!!

Yeah - so vote for him you fools! :goodjob:

I fully intend to ensure that Rout gets elected because he certainly deserves to and will do a far better job than I would. Remember - a whole-arsed job is better than a half-arsed one!

I suspect that ainwood has been brainwashed by Cornmaster and will shortly be posting a clever programme to tell us the countdown in milliseconds.

My vote pulls Rout ahead! Who hoo!

I do respect the duke, and believe he will continue to advise us on Thaumaturge matters (huh!*?), and also matters of vital importance to NUF.

Rout will make a terrific minister. Please respect the duke, vote for Rout. And vote for Elsaak for Science Advisor. With all of this new blood being elected, I dream of retirement... someday.

I fully intend to ensure that Rout gets elected because he certainly deserves to and will do a far better job than I would. Remember - a whole-arsed job is better than a half-arsed one!

Okay, as you wish...

People are actually downloading this :lol:

OOOH! BTW, I suggest that you put it in your windows start-up directory. If you do that, then Walt Disney might send you free tickets to disney world, and Bill Gates might send you a free copy of office 2000 professional ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom