[RD] The threat to American Democracy

That, @Sommerswerd, is deadpan!

To continue our conversation, Obama actually could be good at deadpan, because he's got that sort of pausing, thoughtful, then this-is-how-it-is delivery style when he is just conveying information. So imagine the dialogue of Key's Luther, being delivered in the tone of voice of Peele's Obama, and then Obama would be doing deadpan.

(Which he is not doing in the "the eighties called" or the "bayonets" bits, just to be clear.)

(Since confusing deadpan with sarcasm is the real threat to American democracy.)

Last edited:
What, you want to condemn her for being with Barack?

Yeah, one seriously has to think twice about voting for her, if she married that guy!

What, you want to condemn her for being with Barack?
See @Gori the Grey 's post ... Not for "being with" him, but for marrying him... Everyone knows that married people deserve to be condemned... comedians and philosophers alike have been saying it since the beginning of history...

Take what you want and pay for it. Somebody is going to, somehow somewhen!

Everyone knows that married people deserve to be condemned... comedians and philosophers alike have been saying it since the beginning of history
<checks Sommerswerd's marital status in database>

<checks Sommerswerd's marital status in database>
If you've been paying attention you might recall that I often quote Unforgiven... "deserve's got nothing to do with it"... and I often end my "May we all get..." toasts with "none of what we deserve"

Top Bottom