Term 4 Military Advisor Election

Rule Fanatica, Fanatica rules the waves,....

• ainwood

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • CivGeneral

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • funxus

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Jayne

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke o' york

It don't mean a thing....
Despite their first victories in the last term, and the first capture of an enemy city (capture, purchase - they're almost the same thing), our armies are restless for more action, and more particularly anxious for the opportunity to collect some more pointy Viking helmets from their foes. Will they be allowed the chance to make a fortune in ivory sales after victories over the Indian elephants too or will the new head of all fighting (unofficial term of course) restrict operations to the Viking theatre?

Mistress of all trades and jack of none, Jayne is up for election to this post too. Having followed the military strategies suggested by her previous Military Advisor, she now has a keen grasp of the subtleties of warfare and the clever use of diplomats. As the mother of a young daughter, no-one fears that she will be unable to contain the troops' urges to pillage the captured cities. ;)
A grizzled veteran of previous battles and even of a rough stint as Military advisor, ainwood seems to have come through these trials even stronger than before. Mind you, being Military Advisor was probably harder than any of the battles, but don't let that detract from the ANZAC's credentials. Nigh deadly round the wicket down the hill from the pavilion end, let the Vikings beware his fury!
Appropriately named for his candidacy, CivGeneral is a newcomer to the Civ 2 Demo Game but incredibly turned down the opportunity to be Civ 3's Military Advisor to enter the elections here! :eek: We can only hope that his trust in the Fanatican electorate will reward his bold move, one that he also used to massacre a Viking horseman to the north of Legendary City.
One of the recently produced archers, funxus is a real hotshot with a pointy stick and his knowledge of the world is excellent. His knowledge of how things work and what is likely to happen has given him almost deity status among the people, who are only a little confused as to what he means by Civ 2. Deciding that this Civ 2 is the god funxus represents, they have flocked to his banner and taken up bows and arrows in defence of their cities. Can he bring this divinely-inspired leadership to the office of the Military Advisor?

Which of these candidates has the nous to coordinate a decisive strike against the Viking infidels and drive them from the face of the earth? They shall need to work closely with the Domestic Advisor to ensure that enough troops and transportation are available to carry our brave boys to war. If you have trouble deciding between these very able candidates then roll a dice or pick a name out a hat, or whatever, but don't leave it too long as the poll will close on Friday!
Battle plans to be set out below.

Why should you vote for me?

First - I'm a decendent of Admiral Lord Collingwood (those of you in Leeds can see some of his stuff in the Royal Armouries!)

Second - under my reign as Queen we killed 3 Vikings, bribed 2 Vikings and subverted 2 more in the town of Roskilde - our first Victories!

Third - I'm still Queen and I'll behead you all if you don't vote for me!!

Campaign slogan?

:viking::hammer:

First - I'm a decendent of General Grant (allegedly...)

Second - Under my previous term as military advisor we manouvered into a position of military might that prepared us for subsequent victories.

Third - I'm not Queen, but can still "arrange" beheadings ;)

Campaign slogan:

"I'm gonna open a can of whoop-ass all over them!"

As a descendant from Vikings I possess inside information not known to many fanaticans. I shall lead you to and conquer the glorious viking city of Trondheim. The city is, believe it or not, almost as great as our cities Regia Civitas and Elysium. There are also rumors of a great city to the west called Delhi, which is far ahead of any fanatican city. We do not know enough of these people to trust them, and the only way to trust them is to conquer them and show them who their King is:king:

I shall lead you to victory over our evil neighbours and secure the safety of my people for centuries to come :shotgun::viking:

First - I have been the Military Leader at Fanatika

Second - I have Combat experiance

Third - Incase if you were all wondering why I had declined the Fanatikan Military leader is that the "All mighty" :rolleyes: Falcon02 has come to reclame his office.

Campaign slogan?

Vote CivGeneral for Military Advisor, He will challenge all of the nation's enemies

Well, this doesn't seem to go too well:( But what do you expect when you're up to our former military advisor, former queen and a guy who calls himself a general:D

funxus, I voted for you. But it's just as well you might not be elected here, because I'm sure the people will elect you into The Governor Pool. That concept has been submitted to our Moderator... we'll see. Regarding Jayne, she already wants a Governor's Seat, so of course I did not want here elected here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom