Term 4 - Nominations for Resource and Technology Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

In Retrospect
Please submit a nomination for the poistion of Consul of R&T. You may nominate someone else, or nominate yourself.

Code:
Decides on 
                long term tech queues, long term resource policies, 
                long term fiscal policies.

I will whole-heartly second RegentMan.

I third RegentMan and nominate truckingpete.

I thank everyone for their nomination. I've taken a mini-break from the DemoGame this month (I think I had too much of a good thing). However, I hope that I can make a triumphant return. I've always enjoyed this specific spot in the DemoGame, and hope to do so for Term IV. I accept my nomination.

It felt good having the lightbulb icon on one of my posts again... ;)

I'll nominate MOTH - who has also taken a break but has hopefully returned now :).

I wish to nominate Stuck for this possition

Question for the candidates: What research goals do you favor? Do you favor a speedy or leisurely research pace for this point in the game? Why?

What research goals do you favor? Do you favor a speedy or leisurely research pace for this point in the game? Why?

What to grab? Smith's will save us beaucoup gold in the long run, but we currently don't have any plans to build it. Hopefully, we can get in a position to complete research on economics while a pre-build is underway.

I personally favor a middle-ground approach. We research fast, but not so fast as to destroy our economy. Right now, we need to begin getting the cities built that need to be (around 100 or so, I've heard). Money needs to also be accumilated for rushing purposes. That denotes a middle-ground research rate - 40% or 50%.

Why research? Our enemies will too, regardless of our cultural aspirations. That means that they'll get better weapons, and those weapons will force us to submit to any demand. I don't like the idea of being pushed around. Let us get some military technology and stand up to the bullies!

PS - I am on vacation from Friday to Monday, thus I won't be able to vote/answer questions/post anything. If you have any sentences ending with question marks, please do post them soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom