Term 5- Ministry of Science

From the turn thread...

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi

Actually, we are already on the 40-turn path to Printing Press(36 to go). We got Theology from CGN a few turns ago and are currently paying 8gpt(100g paid upfront) for it with 20 turns of a Lux to be named later, once our harbors are connected.

Hm k. Then lets continue with PP and see where we go after that. Would be nice if we could increase our research sometime soon though.

We need Astronomy before CGN is destroyed! I hope CGN will be able to drive GWT out of their lands though. It is still open...

This is what I have now:
Left of red line: What we have now
Pink: What we are reaserching
Blue What APO is reaserching
Green: What CGN has
Black Numbers: How much time is left till reaserch is completed
NOTE: Currently we are going to hold off on getting Edacation as soon as APO gets it since it wil make it easyer for GWT to get it.

Other than this MSDG I have never heard of such a consept as if one nation reaserches something then it is cheeper for another too? Has anyone done the exact numbers to determine exacoly how much easyer it is?

Attachments

• wwhn1.jpg
    wwhn1.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 94
Now if we can find out what CGN needs we can get Gunpowder. Since APO is getting education I don't think they have gunpoweder yet. Do you think we should try for a trade or not with CGN for maybe education or banking?

I would like to know if anyone would object to a possibilty of getting techs from CGN. This will help us and will give us a good boost in leaving this age.

hey, why are we getting printing press again?

Democracy perhaps?

Since we are only giving 40gpt to Apolyton for their research, we are researching Printing Press to justify some of the tech we will receive from both Apolyton and CGN in the future. I am of the mind that this will be the last 40-turn tech that we research and would like us to start building some Libraries when we are with 10 turns of Printing Press. This way we can hopefully research as equals and get our 40gpt back.

I like your idea of becoming a nation that makes it's own techs at a reasonable rate. But do you really think that even if we have the money to make libraries do you think they will make a suffecent amount of science to become worthwhile.

I agree with DZ.

It is much better to research something on yourself, so you don't need to be so much afraid of being betrayed.

New tech map:
Left of black line : What CGN, APO, CFC have reserched.
Green Circle : What CGN has that we do not have.
Green Doted Line : Beeline to Military Tradition that was stoped when the war started, no resech has been done on Chemistry.
Blue Circle : What APO is reserching.
Red Circle : What we are reserching.

Attachments

• civ3middle_ages.jpg
    civ3middle_ages.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 63
Ok since APO is now going for gunpoweder---Chemistry---Physics I think we should keep on printing press and when it is done go for astronamy. Since at the rate we are going there will be some down time between APO getting Chemistry and us finishing Printing Press I think that we should Push up the slider a little so that we will finishsoon so we can get education from APO and start on Astronmy. Comments?

EN, APO is actually working on Astronomy right now, and will discover it in 8-9 turns. It is after this that they plan the Chemistry > route. My apologies if this was not made clear.

And at this point, I feel we should stay the course on our minimum research of Printing Press. Our nation is optimized for gold output, so we should continue this direction for the next 29 turns.

I would like to have some Libraries in place by the time this research time frame is exhausted. This way, with help from our FP(which will arrive at about the same time). we will have a better chance of balancing the sliders for research. Right now, science wouldn't increase near enough to offset the much-needed gold we will use for upgrades over the next 40-50 turns.

I would be curious to see if Poly has GP yet, and how they obtained it. I was led to believe that they weren't going to acquire that tech from CGN until it was absolutely necessary, so that GWT couldn't research it as quickly..

Top Bottom