Term 7 - Science Department

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator

Scientists are supposed to live in ivory towers. Their darkrooms and their vibration-proof benches are supposed to isolate their activities from the disturbances of common life. What they tell us is supposed to be for the ages, not for the next election. But the reality may be otherwise. Simon LeVay

Welcome to this terms science department!

This terms goal will be to bring ourselves at the top of the international rat race in science, a place we should hold forever. I shall also seek to co-operate with our Warlord, Chieftain and our Governors to seek a path that will be beneficial for them too.

Now, to the business of everyday, 1740 AD:
Tech/Cost/Benefits/Current Rate/0%/100%

Theology: 715 beakers, enables Theocracy, leads to Divine Right.
Music: 858 beakers, can contruct Cathedral, can build culture, leads to military tradition
Economics: 2002 beakers, enables Free Market, leads to Corporation
Chemistry: 2574 beakers, Workshop +1 hammer, can train Grenadier, Frigate, leads to Biology, Steel, Steam Power
Scientific Method: 3432 beakers, Obsoletes Monastry, reveals Oil, leads to Communism, Physics, Biology
Turns at 0% science (Music/Economics/Chemistry/Scientific Method): 2/2/4/5/8
Turns at current science rate (Music/Economics/Chemistry/Scientific Method): 1/1/2/3/4
Turns at 100% science (Music/Economics/Chemistry/Scientific Method): 1/1/2/2/3

Possible paths:
Music (858) - Military Tradition (2860): Can train Cavalry, can build West Point
Economics (2002) - Corporation (2288): Can construct Wall Street, +1 traderoute/city
Chemistry (2574) - Steam Power (4576): Can train Grenadier, Frigate, reveals Coal, +50% worker speed.

Feel free to discuss everything relating science in this thread.

A few question or answers:
1. We 've only 3 workshops 1 at Frankfurt and 2 at Clam, only Germany has build them, in roman are none.

2. We 've 11 cloisters (10 conf and 1 budd), in Orleans both.
Without them the commerce for research diminish from 839 to 803 fewer than 5%.

A few question or answers:
1. We 've only 3 workshops 1 at Frankfurt and 2 at Clam, only Germany has build them, in roman are none.

2. We 've 11 cloisters (10 conf and 1 budd), in Orleans both.
Without them the commerce for research diminish from 839 to 803 fewer than 5%.

I was just listing all the effects.

I would like to get at least 1 monastry ("cloister") of both Buddhism and Taoism in one of our production cities (NoneOfTheAbove, Riversight, Cologne and Munich) so we can keep spreading all 3 religions after scientific method. (right? you can spread religions after SM, can't you?)

First: good job. That's the way to present science options. Congratulations!

All three paths are good and actually needed.

But I would go previously to the first (Music - MT) for WP and Cavalry;

Then the economic one and last Chemistry - Steel for military and improvements.

Best regards,

For the next session, I propose Economics-Corporation-Scientific Method-Physics

I agree, if we can grab that free scientist it could be very useful, however if someone gets there before us, I think we should swap out physics for biology, the +1 food to farms would provide a lot of extra food all around our empire.

How about trading some techs the AI has, or dow we wait for The Internet?

Top Bottom