Term 8 Executive Debates

naervod

My current user title
All candidates for Executive positions should respond to these debate questions. Feel free to give any political speech you feel necessary, but please stay on topic.

1. Why are you running for the department you are running for?
2. Are you running for 2 positions? If so, which ones? If you win both positions, which would you take?
3. What qualifications and experience do you have for the position you are running for?
4. How do you feel about turn-chats and is your position that they should continue as is, or do you favor the concept of private/closed door turn sessions by the DP? What about an offline turn 0 or prechat moves?
5. Are you familiar with all of our laws? When is it appropriate to not follow the laws?
6. Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents.
7. What difficulty level do you normally play the Civilization 3 game at? If not Emperor or higher, do you feel comfortable playing at an Emperor level in this game?
8. Do you have a working Civilization 3 game patched to version 1.29?
9. What plans and ideas do you have for your department during Term 8?

For Presidential Candidates Only

10. At what time are you planning to hold turn-chats (assuming you will hold turn-chats) and why do you feel this would be a good time

I want to be able to micromanage the game and micromanage wars. Being that it's the late industrial/early modern era, we should be extra careful in detail to.

2. Are you running for 2 positions? If so, which ones? If you win both positions, which would you take?

Nope.

3. What qualifications and experience do you have for the position you are running for?

I've been president for numerous other terms.

4. How do you feel about turn-chats and is your position that they should continue as is, or do you favor the concept of private/closed door turn sessions by the DP? What about an offline turn 0 or prechat moves?

I think they're a great way to report what's happening in the game. I also wouldn't mind an offline turn 0 under one condition: That onlybuild queues and maybe preliminary troop movement are done, while keeping the troops within our borders. This is so that any last minute changes can be reversed.

5. Are you familiar with all of our laws? When is it appropriate to not follow the laws?

I hope so. :) *takes out her Fanatikan Legalese for Dummies*. It's not appropriate, but there will always be people who find something to complain about.

6. Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents.

I have lots of DP (designated player) experience, and always report what's going on in the game.

7. What difficulty level do you normally play the Civilization 3 game at? If not Emperor or higher, do you feel comfortable playing at an Emperor level in this game?

Regent/Monarch, but I've successfully played some emperor games.

Of course. :)

domination. :mwaha: Just to take as much land as possible during term 8.

10. At what time are you planning to hold turn-chats (assuming you will hold turn-chats) and why do you feel this would be a good time

Since turnchats are starting to take longer (due to massive ammounts of workers and troops), from 12:00pm to 3:00pm EST on weekdays (Wednesday) and 12:00pm on Saturday. I can move the turn chats to 7:00pm EST if there's enough demand, but it would mean fewer turns played.

I feel I can serve the country well in a Cabinet position. Also, I will be able to help the Fanatikan people achieve a higher score (I think that sounds a little weird but what the heck ;))

Nope, just culture.

I've been Culture Deputy for lots of terms under both Plexus and Padma.

I feel that turn-chats are essential for the democracy game process. I think private/closed-door sessions are the worst thing for the game and that turn-chats should always be public, but I am partial to the idea of prechat moves as long as they are public and only deal with build queues and deals that have been posted in the thread.

5.Are you familiar with all of our laws? When is it appropriate to not follow the laws?

Five terms on the Judiciary including one term at the top has made me extremely familiar with all the laws. I think the laws are fair for the most part and should always be followed.

6.Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents.

I am experienced, dedicated, and hard-working.

I usually to Regent to Monarch, and I feel fine at Emporer level here in this game.

8.Do you have a working Civilization 3 game patched to version 1.29?

Who with the Internet doesn't? :)

To make us the cultural leader of the world and to try to get as many points as possible from culture while our forces are out dominating the world.

In conlcusion, vote naervod for Culture! 'Nuff said ;)

1) Mainly because those are the one's I got nominated for + the one's I have the most experience in.

2) Yes. Trade & Science. I would pick Science

3) I was trade deputy twice and I've been Science Leader 6 terms in a row.

4) I think they should continue as is.

5) I am familiar with all the demogame laws.

6) I have more experience in the Science Department than anyone else.

7) Depends... Normally Regent- Diety

8) Yes

9) To reach the modern age's as soon as possible and get the UN. (For no one else can get a diplo victory.)

The Reason I am Running for President, is that I feel that I should Advance up the Political Ladder of the Civ3 Demogame. Recently, I have became the DP about 5 Times. I have been through a whole lot of Training and Feel ready enough to lead Fanatika

Current Laws Forbids me to run for a Second office. If I were Running for Two Offices, I know I would be Running for the Military Leader

3 Terms Military Leader, 1 Term Science Leader, 2 Term Govenor, 1 term Military, Trade Deputy. Various Chat Rep Positions. I have also logged in about 5 Turn Chats being the DP. I have been Extenstivly Trained by Chieftess, Sirp, and Oct.

I beleve that the Turn Chats should Remain the way they are. I beleve the Private TC is a bad Idea which prevents Citizens to voice there opinions on a particular subject.

I am Familiar with the laws. I think the laws are fair for the most part and should always be followed.

I have Experiance in the Military, Trade, Science, and Govenor Affairs Feild. I am a Dedicated worker. Mostly what has been answered in Question #1

I have started my First Monarchy game so Monarchy would start to be my Normal Difficulty Level. Played some Deity and Emperor Games. I am Confedent on playing on this Difficulty Level.

Hmm If I stay longer, Emperor would be my Normal Difficulty Level :D

Yes :),

Domination, Pure Head to head Domination :evil: :mischief:

For Presidential Candidates Only

10. At what time are you planning to hold turn-chats (assuming you will hold turn-chats) and why do you feel this would be a good time.

I would Hold my Turn Chats:
These ours were picked due to the fact that they are the most Conveniant hours to play on :)
7:00pm - 11:00pm EST (on Weekdays)
12:00pm - 7:00pm EST (on Weekends)

I have a couple of questions for the candidates.

1. You have all posted fairly generic answers to question 9 - could you be a bit more detailed about your plans for Fanatika during your term? In other words, what are your short term goals, and your long term goals.

2. How do you plan on working with the Governors to accomplish your goals?

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire

I am running for the Presidency for the betterment of the Fanatika through good gameplay and constant legislative reform.

CoS G.6.C prevents me from running for two positions.

I am the current Fanatikan President. I also have served in all branches of Fanatikan government, spending five terms as Vice President, one term as Chief Justice, one term as Public Defender, and two terms as Governor of the South Doughnut Coast. I also have experience from multiple other democracy games in various positions.

I love the turn chats. They are an excellent way to play the game, if a bit tedious at times. Without those chats, I feel I wouldn't know as many Fanatikans as well as I know them now. They should continue.
Offline preturns are also a good idea. Generally, preturns consist of setting build queues, which is generally th most tedious part. I did offline work when possible this term.

After two terms of on the judiciary, and multiple instances of getting people of the hook in Public Investigations (myself included ;)) I can say with confident I am familiar with all aspects of Fanatikan Law.
It is never appropriate to break any law in any circumstance. Rather than break the law as an act of protest, one should change in through the proper channels. This is the was our democracy is meant to work.

Vote Octavian's Doughnut for unparalleled experience, dedication, and service to the community and to the Kingdom.

I normally play at monarch level since I really don't like a challenge when playing for leisure. I am, however, very comfortable at emperor and Deity.

Of course.

First off, I wanna kick Licoln's sorry @$$ for that attack. :mwaha:
I also wish to pursue some reforms that have gotten buried recently, like the absenteeism, PI, VP, etc. Also, I want to see some of the western provinces combined so as to reduce the number of governorships. We have many more than we can possibly fill at the moment.

10. At what time are you planning to hold turn-chats (assuming you will hold turn-chats) and why do you feel this would be a good time?

I'd probably hold them on Wednesdays and Saturdays - These days are evenly spaced, and allow for maximum discussion and polling time.
As for times, Wednesday chats would be at 7:00 PM EST (12:00 PM GMT). Saturday chats would be around 1:00 PM EST (7:00 PM GMT). This timing allows for our U.S. and European citizens equal opertunity to attend turn chats.

And, in response to ravensfire's questions...

1. You have all posted fairly generic answers to question 9 - could you be a bit more detailed about your plans for Fanatika during your term? In other words, what are your short term goals, and your long term goals.

Lincoln's War and the reduction of western provinces are certainly short term goals - they would be easily done.
The various political reforms I mentioned would require more time, so that the roots of various problems could be found, suitable corrections discussed, and polled.

2. How do you plan on working with the Governors to accomplish your goals?

Governors would be key players in a war against America - I would ask them to set their more productive cities to build whatever military impleaments the defense department deems necesary.
Also, because we will certainly have many governors, I would ask them to give their input on the various political reforms we will certianly have this upcoming term. The Senate would be a key body to work with if any laws are to be amended.

1. Because I want to help Fanatika stay the Science power.
2. No, I am not running for 2 positions, but if I was, I would choose Science.
3. I have been Science leader 3 times and the Science Deputy before.
4. I like the t/c's as they are and don't think they should change.
5. I am familiar with all of the laws and think they should always be followed.
6. Because I have a lot of experience in the Science Department already.
7. I usually play at Monarch, but definately feel comfortable playing at the Emperor level.
8. Yes, I do have a working game patched to 1.29.
9. I am hoping to get as far through the industrial age as possible, and help with other departments when they need help.

Ravenfires questions:

1. I plan on trying to boost scientific research while mimizing costs. The way I plan to do this is by working closely with the culture department finding cities that a library/university could be rushed in and support Fanatika's culture war.

2. (kind of 1) I will work in close terms with the govonors to try to get scientific improvements pushed through. Also possibly un-needed workers/entainers turned into scientists.

Top Bottom