Term 9 Ministry of Defense

I agree get Frigates ... my reasoning is slightly different ... all KISS ships are game and easy targets ... ALL Privateers (which would be Nuts) are also game and most likely easy to kill ... and a war isn't started, why else did Nuts build them if not to maintain the peace ... therefore we could have promoted ships very easy (not sure if bombard stats are effected by that)

Well I would have had a navy up by now, but we seem not to want to go down this path.

EDIT we can kill the Kiss galley outside of Ithica by first bombarding it and then attacking it with our Galleon.

Great idea to redline and kill all galleys within reach - wish I had thought of it last turn :blush:.

The barbs are a good thing - 25 free gold and chances for 2 more elites.

We need a unit one the mountain outside of April Fools because if we allow units to go their, it will be so much harder for us to defend our territory as a result.

That will mean we need to move Trusty guppy close enough to the Galley by Abdera and do the same thing and eventually we will kill the galleys one by one, if they are stupid enoug to leave them close to our shores. I would say that we bombard all the galleys to one and hopefully that will see them leave our shores. This is why having a navy up is a good thing to stop these sorts of things from happening to us again.

We should bombard all KISS ships that are within reach on this turn.

I'm still not convinced we need a navy. We don't need a significant navy to defend our shorelines from blockade. We can just redline any units that bug us and then send a ship after them. The lost shields/food from the delay in taking out the opposing ships will not outweigh the cost of building a navy.

The barbs can be taken out by some regular cavs. Let's get some extra gold and hope for a promotion.

The knight should be upgraded whenever it is reasonabe to do so.

I ssume that we will continue to bombard the KISS Gallies when and where ever they enter within callon range :salute:

Can't ait for the Frigate to be built ... will tis be the only one ... or will other habours begin constructing.

Thought ... due to the 'shooting ducks in a bucket' (did I get that right :lol: ) nature of hunting damaged KISS Galleys ... coould we not get a couple being built in other scattered locations ... that way we can trap the bastards and sink them ALL :ar15:

gbno1fan said:
I'm still not convinced we need a navy. We don't need a significant navy to defend our shorelines from blockade. We can just redline any units that bug us and then send a ship after them. The lost shields/food from the delay in taking out the opposing ships will not outweigh the cost of building a navy.
So how are we going to get to the other continent then? Are we just going to send paratroopers over and take the city this way. We need a navy for us to send troops over and also for self preservation. I we do not plan for a navy then we are not going to really win then.

EDIT. I would say that we build a privateer instead of a Frigate and then we can get more of them, should we be successful. Why don't we just do it with our available ships, since there is no need for navy. :rolleyes:

@Fe - Yes, we are continuing to bombard any KISS ships that are within range.

@CH - We will need a navy eventually, but for now we don't need it. It would be a waste of resources to support additional units that we won't be using until later in the game. When the time comes we can build transports to send our troops overseas.

:agree:
The penny pinchers at Domestic agree whole-heartedly.

We need to start controling costs as our GA is coming to an end. We'll need a navy... but not for many MANY turns yet. We should be able to deal with troublesome ships with what we currently have.

:salute:

Do we have any name ideas for the Frigate currently under construction?

Spitting Cobra as it will bombard as well as kill pesky rodents.

Do we disband either or both units in Eureka Stockade?

I don't know if this is your department, but should we pillage our silk road?

Use the cav to pillage the silk road.

I'm inclined to wait on disbanding until we know if Dnuts are actually going to attack. It seems they may not be interested in starting an actual war (since they sent a peace offer).

I'd say move and fortify our Cavalry onto the Lux this turn

Then the following turn (or when we feel it is the time) ... we destroy the road, disband all units and self raze Eureka Stockade we absolutely NO loss to enemy action. :salute:

Turn 177 ... Eureka Stockade situation

As mentioned above I can see no reason not to move Cavalry onto the Silks and fortify ... then we destroy and disband everything next turn ... or when we want to ... with NO LOSS and maximum pissoffability to our Nutter friends :love: :spank: :lol:

I see no need to worry to pillage the silk road because they already have 2 connected and thus it will not piss them off since they will not cae too much about whether they have lost a potential silk source.

Moving the cav to the silks and fortifying just means he can be attacked - we don't want him to have to defend.

The road is not a big deal, but I don't see any harm in pillaging - we are not getting silks anymore anyway. The Dnuts don't need the silks, but eventually they will want that jungle cleared, roaded, and probably irrigated, and destroying the road slows them down a little.

As far as disbanding, there is no way 2 units are going to hold the town against any kind of assault, KISS or Dnuts.

Top Bottom