terror units

I agree with what a lot of you have said but another factor for terror I believe would be a great addition the secret police. Okrana and Cheka for example. This whould differ from gov't to gov't. For example under communism the secret police would be able to find and kill spies easier than in Republic for example. They would all have different abilities and weaknesses and be able to counter the terrorists or freedom fighters what ever you want to call them. They could increase city production by scaring them into working. When you steal a city and haven't assimulated the population it could be taken to a conentration camp, which like a colony had to be defended, and made to work. Obviously the camp would be within your culture boundries

I like the idea of secret police, or a National Security Agency. There's a tradeoff between freedom and security. To me, tradeoffs are what make the game interesting. When you can choose a path that will certainly be successful, the game is boring. e.g.: you should pretty much always democratize (maybe that's a bad example)

Couple of thought's re: Terrorists / Guerilla’s / Barbarians

1. Barbarians auto upgrade to latest foot/ mobile unit of highest tech player. I.E. if Germany is up to modern armor and mech infantry, whatever barbarians are left should upgrade to either grunts or marines and dragoons. This of course would happen as the tech tree advances. Hmmm, make those barbarians a challenge.
2. Terrorists produced by anyone and owe loyalty to no nation, in effect barbarians that can conquer city’s as well as create mayhem. Basically the land version of the privateer.
3. Guerillas, or freedom fighters, owe at least token loyalty to nation that created them, but could turn on them if corruption, civil unrest or anarchy last too long. Foreign guerillas could spring up like they did in CIV II upon conquering enemy cities.

I would like to be able to assasinate anothor countries leader, making them have a couple of turns of anarcy.

This might help.

I usually play my own scenario where I convert the Explorer unit into a saboteur unit with hidden nationality.

Here are the stats for it:
Name: Explorer :cool: (unless you're willing to change it in the ini file)
hidden nationality,
can pillage,
can airlift;
defense 1 (or...); (no attack! - you can't capture cities or units w/hidden nat. or it will crash)
Prerequisite: espionage;
cost: 4
All terrain as roads
(Everyone incl. Spain gets this unit)

This is a sweet unit you can send into another civ's territory and pillage his resources without starting a war. It would help if we knew where other civs are trading, so that we could target specific resources to steal the trade market from others.

This unit however, will be targeted even by your allies if they see it on your territory. :eek:

How and how often the AI uses that Explorer unit Beloyar?

I think that a new unit called terrorist (like spies of Civ2) is a good idea. It could make civ4 more according with real world. Also guerrilla of a conquered nation (or city) should be present.

About barbarians, i agree about be upgraded. It's no logic to be attacked by horsemen in modern ages.

And about to kill a enemy leader... I also agree to this, it could be a new type of spionage misson... too risky...

Garbarsardar.jr said:
How and how often the AI uses that Explorer unit Beloyar?
I haven't seen one, yet. However, I saw a privateer only once before, in all the games that I ever played.

Top Bottom