The AI built aircraft!

And now, to actually talk about the game again.

It seems to me from above examples that ships aren't really capable of defending themselves as anti-air at all. Anti-air guns only have 1 tile effectiveness, and it's rather impossible to have massive coverage. Now, this is not exactly unrealistic as surface to air has never been fool proof. Keeping that in mind, would an air to air focused air unit make more sense, or just mass fighters?

Previously air balance was usually not a major subject since it just didn't get encountered, but maybe this deserves a look?

If you don't have AA, even for ground units you will almost lose 1 unit pr turn, when attacking a city with aircrafts. P51 Mustangs are crazy powerful.

The current AI sucks in CIV VI. That is all, which has to be understood. This is sad.

Vox Populi is the best reference to the best AI in Civ Games ever. Two guys? One is a historian (Gazebo) and the second one whose nickname starts with "I"....

And yes, they do get a lot of credit for a reason. Because this is something that deserves it.

""

Yeah yeah. We heard enough about Vox Populi now. It's for Civ V so it's completely irrelevant

No it's not. It's strong proof that when talent and willingness is there, even 1UPT can be made challenging.

Oh, and yes, the AI builds aircraft in Vox, and uses them very effectively... land and sea.

No it's not. It's strong proof that when talent and willingness is there, even 1UPT can be made challenging.

Oh, and yes, the AI builds aircraft in Vox, and uses them very effectively... land and sea.
But it gets really really old since its been mentioned 5000 times by now

But it gets really really old since its been mentioned 5000 times by now

Only? Jeez, still a lot of work to do then...

Good things are worth mentioning a million times, so that more people become aware that even with the post-2009 civ engines, the AI can be made very competitive. This awareness is very important to void the fallacy that 1UPT is to blame for a mediocre AI. Mediocre development is to blame for mediocre AI.

And mediocre AI is to blame for thread titles like this, where extreme surprise and rejoice is shown as a result of an AI building one of the core units in the game.

Moderator Action: And, of course, none of it can happen until the .dll is released by Firaxis/2K. The drum beat is getting too loud for something that cannot yet happen. Please cease dominating the conversation.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It won't happen without people like @Gazebo and "I" in the first place. They need more attention and appreciation everywhere in the community - they did a ton of extremely hard and AMAZING work!

Gazebo won't accept donations. That is the only thing I do not understand.

Sorry for this offtop.

Now back to main thread, please.

Last edited:
Since GS the AI almost always builds aircraft, if they last that long, problem is with mods like AI+ ... They rarely, if ever, use them.

Top Bottom