The Altarian Prophecy

Strato

Warlord
This does relate to Gal Civ 1 rather than 2, but bear with me. I saw just today Gal Civ 1 at a shop, going cheap. However, I didn't feel inclined to buy it seeing as I have Gal Civ 2, and all things considered, it seems like 2 is a lot more superior to 1.

Can someone shed some light (spoilers) on the story behind the Altarian's in the Gal Civ 1 story, if its important, or is that revealed during the campaign in Gal Civ 2. I haven't gone too far into the campaign unfortunately. I just hate to have a story going and missing out on the various little bits and pieces. So far I haven't found anything on the internet.

...I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of the Gal Civ 2 exp here in Australia. Guess I'll have to order online.

Well, not having completed all of the campaign myself, I'm not entirely sure, but I can tell you that it explains why the humans and altarians look so similar.

Actually, it doesn't answer that question at all. The only clue you get is that Altaria is not the homeworld of the Altarians, it is the Drath homeworld. The Altarians were placed there by the Arnor. So the full story is still unknown.

When does it tell you that? It's been a long time since I played the campaign, so I went and checked the beginning and ending text for each scenario in the data files. I didn't see anything about Draginol.

Directly from the Victory Text of Altarian Prophecy's last mission...

Spoiler :
The Drath were the native sentient beings of Altaria. Altarians look like humans because of Draginol. Draginol's influence altered the evolution of the planet to create a species in his own image - Altarians. For Draginol, somehow, in ways we can't possibly understand, was once a human. While he acknowledges that that seems impossible, it is, nevertheless true. Draginol was once a human being and his presence created a second sentient race - the Altarians.

Top Bottom