[R&F] The best ways to get era points

So I'm seeing a lot of dark ages in the game, and I'm wondering the best way to avoid these. Although Quill did manage to get a heroic age in one of his game, so perhaps there may be times we actually want dark ages.

My main question is do we have a list of what gives era points yet? I think it was in the civilpedia briefly, and things like tundra cities give them. And it seems like it will be harder to get era points in the late game when you are just cruising along not making any new cities or participating in wars.

I'd like to consistently have a plan of action, rather than hope for the best as the Youtubers have been doing.

Great. Now I'm not only chasing Eurekas, but also Era points. They said there were something like ~400 conditions, in addition to the eureka conditions. Maybe someone will program a mod that lists all of the conditions & reminds you of the upcoming ones, so you don't have to keep all of them in your mind.

Great. Now I'm not only chasing Eurekas, but also Era points. They said there were something like ~400 conditions, in addition to the eureka conditions. Maybe someone will program a mod that lists all of the conditions & reminds you of the upcoming ones, so you don't have to keep all of them in your mind.

I think they are listed in the civilopedia, so you don't have to memorize them anyway.

I allways play withouth barbarians and goody huts off? Will this change my game drasticlly or not? in the sence of missing on a lot of historic points or isn't it that important barbs and goody huts?

I allways play withouth barbarians and goody huts off? Will this change my game drasticlly or not? in the sence of missing on a lot of historic points or isn't it that important barbs and goody huts?

Good point, I often play with barbs off (though lately I've always had them on), this could have a significant impact.

Good point, I often play with barbs off (though lately I've always had them on), this could have a significant impact.

I play with them off because i play on huge maps wich causes lots of space to settle or even on standard i just don't settle those places beause they are awefull city placements wich causes barbs to spawn
even on modern era.

doesn't make any sence barbarians are other civilizations that doesn't have roman culture thats where the word came from.. I consider enemy warlike civilizations barbarians i rather dissable barbs and ad more civilizations in my game

goody huts in civ 6 are way to easy free worker really or free scout its like the things you get in civ 4 when you play settler

However i don't hope i will miss out on +3 historic moments because that would be crucial

I did notice one relatively easy way to get era points from Marbozir's Cree game. Leave the fog of war so barb camps spawn. Long as you have the military to deal with it, it's easy era score. Of course I tend to expand faster than him, so it's a limited strategy at best.

I think how to avoid golden age point may be more attractive, since I'll definitely try to get to dark age, with superior policies they're just better than normal, golden, or even heroic ages.

I noticed in the quill playing Wilhemina that in the dark age (I think that was at the end of the playthrough) one of his own cities on the fringes close to other neighbours was starting to show sign of revolt. So dark age may not be that great depending on what you are trying to accomplish

I'd note that this is likely only going to be an issue on top difficulty levels where the AI is on average advancing quickly.

I think how to avoid golden age point may be more attractive, since I'll definitely try to get to dark age, with superior policies they're just better than normal, golden, or even heroic ages.

The potential issue with that is I believe if you start going below 100% loyalty your yields start to suffer. Though I don't know if that would realistically be an issue except for a few border cities, as still you generate loyalty in a dark age, just not as much.

I'd note that this is likely only going to be an issue on top difficulty levels where the AI is on average advancing quickly.

The potential issue with that is I believe if you start going below 100% loyalty your yields start to suffer. Though I don't know if that would realistically be an issue except for a few border cities, as still you generate loyalty in a dark age, just not as much.

Loyalty is a problem, but it shall not be a big problem if you calculate carefully before you decide to go for dark age.

+100% Science is just too attractive.

+100% Science is just too attractive
But that is only in cities with a holy site - which we are normally trying to avoid. and you get -25% culture in all cities also.

The +100% Production to Naval Raiders could be used well if you can stack all the production and chop bonuses for overflow. But again it would take some real planning to pull it off.

But that is only in cities with a holy site - which we are normally trying to avoid. and you get -25% culture also.

If holy site provide +100% science they'll definitely become the best district:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:.

-25% Culture is not a big deal if you do not focus on culture too much.

If holy site provide +100% science they'll definitely become the best district
Well you still need the science district so that the +100% has something to modify. And you have to try to avoid earning ERA points so you can stay in dark ages. And manage the reduced loyalty.

Not saying it can't be done. But that sounds like too much work for my tastes.

I did notice one relatively easy way to get era points from Marbozir's Cree game. Leave the fog of war so barb camps spawn. Long as you have the military to deal with it, it's easy era score. Of course I tend to expand faster than him, so it's a limited strategy at best.

Thinx i am just going to dissable them it also make sence that you have a higher change of dark ages in ancient era you civ is developing but still not great. Its in a dark age except if you expand or do special things(wonders) declare war capture cities meet a lot of civilizations that will enter a golden age

Finally getting around to Marbozir's Mongolia part 5 video. He brought up a good point, though not verified, that he thinks it seems easier to get era score on epic game speed. And that seems logical enough to believe. I mostly play on epic, so good for me. But more time to move your units around and discover things should help out a lot.

I also thought it might be cool to have negative era score, or lose era score. But I could see how that would annoy a lot of players. I'm watching as Marbozir is about to lose a city to free city status, seems like you should lose score because of that.

Well you still need the science district so that the +100% has something to modify. And you have to try to avoid earning ERA points so you can stay in dark ages. And manage the reduced loyalty.

Not saying it can't be done. But that sounds like too much work for my tastes.

Well, you only need the districts, not the buildings. And if the 100% science applies to *any* kind of science you can also grow your cities or build ziggurats. Avoiding Era points while leading in tech however should be pretty tricky because you get era points for developing the first tech of a new era & getting the first advanced governments.

Top Bottom