The CDG1

Ooh, nice opening to the Great War. Is this the point where I gift my surviving cities?

Do as you please, but sarcasm is not asked for. If this were delared a space race, you should have told me.

EDITH: I hope you did not expect everybody to sit and wait till you, or sumeria complete their Space Ship?

EDITH: I hope you did not expect everybody to sit and wait till you, or sumeria complete their Space Ship?

Of course not. The question was rhetorical. And there was no sarcasm. I fully expected your attack and am pleased the game has livened up again.

Who's Edith?

I know: "No, je ne regrette rien..."

But I know someone who will regret what he did... A violent act of aggression like this can not be tolerated by the Ottoman people. A quickly assembled conference of delegates from Sumeria, China and Osmania discussed how to react to this barbaric act. China pledges not to be left alone in this desperate hour, and in the end the Ottoman Armed Forces get the mandate of the leaders of the united nations to open fire immediately and not let the Persian Army recuperate from the losses that the bravely fighting Chinese defenders had inflicted on her. The fallen Chinese soldiers shall not have given their lives in vane!

So today, in the early morning hours, the Ottoman heavy artillery opened fire on Persian positions in occupied China. Even if the enemy looks frightening and apparently overwhelming, the Ottoman people is never afraid of fighting for a just cause when duty calls. Better die fighting for freedom than live in slavery! :salute:

Upon receiving news of this act, the Mayan government declared war on Osmania and stopped delivering their shipments of incense! :eek: We hope that this will turn out to be a regrettable misunderstanding, and peace can be restored soon. After all, we heard that the wise Mayan people have signed a protection pact with the Persian people, not an aggression pact, right?

After breaking the resistance of the first Persian line of defense, the Ottoman Army finds with astonishment, that apparently the Persian Army was not so well prepared for war as it first appeared. In order to utilize the achieved breakthrough as good as possible, the first phase of the Ottoman campaign concentrated on advancing into the Persian heartland as fast and as far as possible, concentrating on important aluminium, incense, dyes and spice resources. In the second phase of the campaign emphasis was layed upon eliminating those dangerous Persian Modern Armors so as to take the punch out of a possible Persian counterstrike.
Here are the details of the battle of Persia:

Artillery opens the attack on Exotic Celtia Reap:
destroy walls
MA (4/5) -> (2/5)
miss
MA (3/4) -> (2/4)

A wave of bombers follows:
MA (2/4) -> (0/4)
citizens killed (sorry)
miss
miss
citizens killed (I have to have a word with my Luftmarschall!)

Tank (4/4) vs MA (2/5): Tank (3/4) Exotic Celtia Reap liberated!

Bampur:
Tank (4/4) vs Rifleman (4/4): Tank (2/4) Bampur captured.

Many Persian slaves spotted, who have been forced to dig entrenchements near New Persepolis. Fortunately they are not yet finished with the barbed wire, so the trenches pose no difficulty for the fast Ottoman units... :)

MI liberates 7 slaves and sees New Persepolis undefended! We capture it.

One of the grateful slaves decides to help his liberators by performing scout missions, goes on the gold hill and reports more undefended Cities!

MI captures Hamadan.
Sipahi captures Ghoulmist.

Another slave checks on Exotic Persa: guess what...

MI captures Exotic Persa.

Slave on mountain S of silks...

MI captures Forestsilk.

Slave on gold hill W of Exotic Persa: what is that? Zohak defended by an MI?!

MI takes Full Moon Smiling.

Slave on gold mountain 2S of Sardis. As expected.

Sipahi captures Sardis.

Slave on mountain near Istakhr...

Sipahi captures Istakhr and an artillery.

Slave on mountain 2W of Persepolis, there is a 2/4 MA.
Ok, now is the time for the big guns!
MA (4/4) vs MA (2/4): my MA (1/4)
MA (4/4) vs Rifleman (3/3): MA (2/4)
MA (4/4) vs MA (1/4): my MA (4/4)
Sipahi (5/5) vs Cav (3/5): Sipahi (4/5)
What is that?? A spearman!
Sipahi (5/5) vs Spear (4/4): Sipahi (3/5)
No, really?? A warrior!
Sipahi (5/5) vs Warrior (5/5): Sipahi (4/5) Persepolis captured.

Wounded Tank liberates more slaves at New Persepolis (17). Many of them are sent scouting in all directions.

3 MI capture undefended Fort Bunnylove, Merv and Exotic Beijing.

MI captures 6 artillery pieces at Exotic Canton. They are put to good use:
miss
MA (5/5) -> (4/5)
MA (5/5) -> (3/5)
miss
miss
miss

Lets bring some of my own:
miss
MA (5/5) -> (4/5)
MA (4/5) -> (3/5)

Ok, we need some more explosive stuff: cruise missiles...
MA (4/5) -> (3/5)
MA (4/5) -> (2/5)
MA (3/5) -> (1/5)

Tank (4/4) vs MA (3/5): Tank (3/4)
Tank (4/4) vs MA (3/5): MA (1/5)
Tank (4/4) vs MA (3/5): Tank (2/4)
Tank (4/4) vs MA (2/5): Tank (4/4)
TOW (4/4) vs MA (1/5): MA (1/5*) --> spawns Cyrus. (He won't live long...)
TOW (4/4) vs MA (1/5): TOW (4/4)
TOW (4/4) vs MA (1/5): TOW (1/4), Cyrus killed.

Exotic Nanking:
TOW (4/4) vs MA (1/4): TOW (4/4), Exotic Nanking liberated.

Bomber bombs Exotic Hangchow:
MA (3/5) -> (1/5)

Tank (4/4) vs MA (1/5): MA (1/5)
Tank (4/4) vs MA (1/5): Tank (3/4)
Sipahi (5/5) vs Cavalry Hero I (4/5): Sipahi (4/5), Exotic Hangchow liberated.

Missile attack on Exotic Ang Mo Kio:
MA (4/4) -> (3/4)
MI (4/4) -> (3/4)
miss
MA (3/4) -> (2/4)
MI (3/4) -> (2/4)

MA (3/3) vs MA (2/4): your MA (2/5)
Tank (4/4) vs MA (2/5): Tank (4/4)
Tank (4/4) vs MI (2/4): Tank (3/5)
TOW (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): TOW (2/5)
TOW (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): TOW (4/4)
TOW (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): TOW (4/4)
MI (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): MI (2/4)
How many of these do you have?? Better concentrate on more important targets.

Exotic Shanghai:
Tank (4/4) vs MA (2/5): Tank (2/4), Exotic Shanghai liberated.

Exotic Canton:
Missile hits MA (3/4) -> (2/4)
Tank (4/4) vs MA (2/4): Tank (2/4), Exotic Canton liberated

Exotic Hong Kong:
Missiles first:
MI (4/4) -> (2/4)
MI (2/4) -> (1/4)
Tank (4/4) vs MI (1/4): Tank (5/5), Exotic Hong Kong liberated

Dakyanus:
Missiles first:
miss
miss (now I know, why they are called "Missiles"...)
MI (4/4) -> (2/4)

Tank (4/4) vs MA (4/4): Tank (2/4)
Tank (4/4) vs Inf (4/4): Tank (1/4)
Tank (4/4) vs MI (2/4): MI (3/5)
Tank (4/4) vs MI (3/5): Tank (4/4)
MI (4/4) vs MA (1/4): MA (2/5) grrr
Tank (4/4) vs MA (2/5): Tank (2/4), Dakyanus captured

Trenches near Exotic Shanghai:
Tank liberates more slaves, then attacks MA (3/5): MA (3/5)

Many, many more workers captured.

MIs capture undefended Samaria, New Arbela, New Antioch, New Tolosa, Durocortorum, New Curovernum, New Lugdunum, Parsargadae, Behistun, Richborough, Entremont, Kandahar, Tyre, Noviomagus, Rutupiae, Lindum, Glevum, Deva, Sidon, Bactra, Arbela, Gordium, Isca, New Tyre, Antioch, New Verulamium, Ura Tyube, Burdigala, Eboracum, Bunyan.

We still have a few MIs that can move before going back to defense, so lets get rid of some more Immortals at Exotic Ang Mo Kio:
MI (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): MI (3/4)
MI (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): MI (2/4) (these guys are tough!)
MI (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): MI (3/4)
MI (4/4) vs Immortal (4/4): MI (5/5), Exotic Ang Mo Kio liberated.

The Persian governent has escaped to Augustodurum, an old Celtic city. (If that doesn't show their origin...!) The world map has changed quite a bit in the first two weeks of war:

Ottoman forces now dig in and wait for whatever storm may be blowing towards them.

Excellent post, Lanzelot. You too, Calis. I find myself caught in a World War. I will have to take a good look at the save....

Excellent post, Lanzelot. You too, Calis. I find myself caught in a World War. I will have to take a good look at the save....

Ditto.

The Chinese cannot thank our allies enough for the (hopefully!) decisive counter attack.

A failed battleship bombard of Narso has now brought the Mayans into conflict with the Chinese. :( Can't we just live in harmony?

GPS to Cyc 226

I will wait to see the outcome of the war's first days before I make any decision.

gps to Hawklord.

Samaria will not stand idle while peaceful friendly nations are overrun by warmongers. Also acting under the UN mandate we move to control the Persian aggression.

Former Persian cities now protected by the UN peacekeepers.
Tolosa, Camulodunum, Cataractonium, Verulamium, New Pasargadae, Gregovia, Lezoux, Monguntiacum, Agendicum, Lapurdum, Glanum, Nemausus, Axima.

New Entremont
Artillery
MI 4/4 -> 3/4
miss

Little action as the troops quell the unrest in former Persian cities.

gps

We capture undefended Arbela, New Verulamium
Lindum:
11/13 MA army vs. 4/4 mech infantry --> 4/13 army (city captured)

Entremont:
4/4 Modern Armor vs. 4/4 mech infantry --> 1/4 modern armor (Entremont is mine again)

Entremont is the city, where I want to die...

New Arbela:
3/4 Modern Armor vs. 4/4 mech inf. --> 2/4 mech inf
3/4 Modern Armor vs. 2/4 mech inf. --> 1/4 modern armor (town captured)

Now my remaining troops can move to Entremont. (The last stand)

And to Lanzelot...

Capturing the following undefended towns:
Vio Hykis, Opal, Zohak, Jinjan, New Samaria, New Gordium, New Arbela

Arbela:
Tank (3/5) vs Immortal (1/4): Tank (3/5), Arbela captured

Capturing more undefended towns:
New Cataractonium, New Gergovia, New Bactra, Ratae Coritanorum, New Ratae Coritanorum, New Verulamium, New Hamadan, Lindum, Exotic Sentosa, Exotic Pow Wow, New Richborough, Arausio, New Glanum, New Lindum, Dariush Kabir, New Nemausus, Exotic Xia Xia, Exotic Ping Pong, Exotic Macao, Exotic Gong Xi, New Eboracum, Ghulaman, Exotic Fa Cai, Tureng Tepe, New Sardis, Exotic Yang Chow, Exotic Peking, Borazjan, New Lapurdum, New Augustodurum, Augustodurum, New Alesia.

Battle of Narso:
Artillery opens:
miss
MI (4/4) -> (3/4)
miss
miss
MI (3/4) -> (1/4)
MA (3/5) -> (2/5)

Bombers:
destroy barracks
MA (2/5) -> (1/5)
destroy market
destroy Hydro Plant
MI (1/4) -> (0/4)

MA (4/4) vs MA (1/4): my MA (2/4), Narso captured.

Shelling Entremont:
MI -> (3/4)
miss
MI -> (2/4)
MI -> (3/4)
miss
miss
MI -> (3/4)

GPS to Tom, 226e

Cruise missile fired to Herat. No idea what damage (if any) was done. We hope this will be our last play in this conflict; the Chinese have offered peace to both the Mayans and Persians.

All Chinese military units are at home.

GPS to Cyc 227

The Mayans wonder why there is a Chinese Transport 3 tiles off our coast..... :confused:

gps to Hawk.

Entremont
3 x artilery miss

New Entremont, Segusio and ergili now policed by the Sumerian UN peace keepers. ;)

SMA 4/4 v PMA 5/5 -> SMA 1/4
MI's showing now, perhaps a siege is in order as they are well dug in.

Declined the UN vote.

gps

More heavy guns brought to the Siege of Entremont:

miss
miss
miss
miss
miss
MI -> (3/4)
MI -> (3/4)
miss
miss
MI -> (3/4)
MI -> (3/4)
miss
MI -> (3/4)

Bombers:
miss
kills citizens

So, in exchange for peace our aggressors want us to teach them how to make intercontinental nuclear missles? Let us mull on that for a while..... :rolleyes::nono::shake:

A revolting Herat bombed, university destroyed.

GPS to Cyc 228

Top Bottom