• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The City of Huntington

While it does seem that the most recent snafu by the regional government concerning our production queue will cost us the honor of producing the nation's first naval vessel, it is still overcomeable.

Perhaps we should consider producing a harbor to improve the productivity of the coastal waters.

Also, it seems that the results of our public opinion poll are in and that Flag #6 is the hands-down favorite. Shall the council accept this flag or shall we discuss this matter further?

Welcome to Huntington Raven1er. You have a familiar way about you. I believe we may have met in a previous life. ;)

city council member ybbor accepts the new flag

semi-out of RPG mode,
actually, 1 tile in the game represents 100 miles, you will see this when you found a new city and press F11 to see your land area, or whatever it's called is 900 square miles

Truckingpete from St.Octavainsburg:

I finnally made it to St.Octavainsburg to see what is happening to the galley. I will stay here until the galley is done or another shipyard will make it.

I agree with the flag. Now what, the motto next. I will be back shortly. Oh, and welcome to Huntington Raven1er. Never met you before but hello.

Well that is it.

Truckingpete

ybbor,

stepping out of RPG mode for a sec...

I'm not certain where that quotation of yours comes into the conversation, but I think you're confusing area with distance. A tile does represent 100 sq. miles according to the demographics. But, if we assume that a tile is a square, then each edge of the tile would be 10 miles long (10 mi x 10 mi = 100 mi ^2).

resuming RPG mode...

Attention Citizens of Huntington...

Be sure to come by the Village Hall to help celebrate the adoption of our new flag. There will be food and drink (including those world famous beverages from Montpellier) for all. Bards and Minstrels will be on hand for entertainment and at mid-day, we will raise the new flag in the front lawn for the first time.

We hope to see you there!

Hmm, 40J, Is it possible for me to have a winter house here in Hintington.

Thanks,
CivGeneral

here is what the new city will look like with the flag raised (and a road to the shipyard)

EDIT: dran forgot picture, next one for sure

here it is

Due to the flag rising of our town, I will come back to Huntington as fast as I can...I will stay in Huntington to see if they build the galley. I will keep a citizen from the other watching the shipyard there. I will be back tomarrow afternoon. So don't raise the flag until then.

Thanks!

truckingpete

P.S. - I might be back early if I ride my horse very fast. I might be back tonight even.

CivGeneral, Raven1er and all other citizens seeking residence (either part-time or year-round),

You are of course, welcome in our fair town. We'd prefer if you stay year-round, so as to enjoy the wonderful lifestyle we have created here, but we certainly understand if you only wish to stay during the most beautiful seasons of the year.

If you wish your residence to be included in the illustrations of our town, you need simply identify where your house is.

Also, all residents are eligible for the upcoming village council elections. Elections will commence tomorrow afternoon. Each citizen will be asked to vote for 3 candidates. The candidate receiving the most votes will be elected mayor while the 2 runners up will join him/her on the village council.

FortyJ
First Mayor of Huntington

Ok, I wish to move full time to Huntington :)

Since I would like to move into huntington full time and partisipate in the city council. Here is the house that I want to move into. I am hoping to open up a small marina in the city :).

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Ok, I wish to move full time to Huntington :)

Are you still going to be the Mayor of Groton then?

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
Are you still going to be the Mayor of Groton then?

Ill still be the Mayor of Groton. Ill be communiting from Huntington to Groton. Heh, Im a commuter both in College and in the DG.

I am back in Huntington...I just need to rest for traveling none stop in the jungle all through the night...ZzZzZz..Oh... well good night...

ZzZzZzZz

Top Bottom