The Civ4 Game Faction

fed1943

Emperor
The goal of this Faction (if allowed/accepted) is to play a Civ4 game, under the
lines of the Demo Game.
So, its core lines come from the game itself. Playing single,MP or whatever, the
player/s have to handle several aspects of the game (they shall be called here
"parts"). For instance:
Domestic part - city placement, workers, city work force, city builds;
Military part - military units moves,placement and requests for exploration, safety, defense and attack.
Each of these "parts" are important enough to generate the related "Office".
More Offices can exist, like research,civics,diplomacy,GP and so, also depending on the number of active players.
And surely there will be a co-ordination too (the Chief).
But a part/office could not be split (i.e. no Governors or Mayors) because said
split spoils the game as shown by the previous game; if enough players and so
desired the Office could be run by a plurality of players,but not split.
Same for co-ordination: Chief and turn player shall be the same (with or without rotation).

The Game and the Forum - the forum is the heart of the game. Information,
studies, proposals must be there and considered for themselves and never
because of the player/faction who posted it.

About roleplay - Roleplay cannot command the game, but it is highly encouraged. Name of the cities,units, stories, History,phantasie, all belong
and are under the wings of roleplay.

Strider, this is exactly why I posted the role player's manifesto.

fed, for a faction to be valid you need to state the government civic your faction will be aligned to (so far only despotism). You must then state your faction's structure that is roughly based on that civic.

This proves my point we need rules for setting up a Faction Platform, or we will see an avalanche of factions that does not meet the criteria for giving a viable government alternative.

Give fed a break, he hasn't been here the whole time.

I would suggest a "how to set up a faction" post, either in this subforum or as part of the "new players start here" thread in the main forum. Explaining what needs to be done is much kinder to newcomers than yelling at them about the rules after they have already tried to make their faction.

I would hardly call this yelling, no capitals or extreme verbage. We are merely pointing out the need to have some basic ruleset and guidelines in place. I think I am unfairly stigmatized here.

Top Bottom