The Correct Poll for MAd's next RPC-TNG game

Which game would you like to see next?

• Israel, Long overdue and why does everyone hate us!

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Cleopatra, the last Ptomlec Pharoah, and they saved the best for last!

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Atiila takes on all Romans!

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • The hell with history, I want to see Mad's Mod!

Votes: 28 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madscientist

RPC Supergenius
Sorry folks, the stupid site directed me to the advertisement and got me out of the previous poll loop, so I could not add it. Hopefully this will work.

OK, I have a few ideas floating around and open it up for a poll. Four choices

1) Israel: Not sure what leader yet (some have been suggested) but we play as Brennus traits or Celtia on a continents map. Our own COntinent is the Promised land and we must conquer all of it to win. Remaining land is of no consequnce and all victories are open. Remember I am from New York is all I can say!

2) Cleopatra, the last Ptolmetric leader. Somehow I plan to combine one of the Egyptian leaders playing as Greece to lead a hedonistic yet Spiritual life style! A probable Cultural path but will few if any reservations, after all Cleopatra did not seam to have any!

3) Atilla the Hun and the destruction of Rome, Rome, East Rome, and Holy Rome. A Pangea map as Atilla (civ/traits can be discussed) with Julius/Agustus/Charlemagne/Justinian who all have to be destroyed. No open borders, no trades, no city capturing, no tech trading, no mercy!

4) The World according to Mad. Are you interested in me playing a slight mod I made. Basically I altered all the traits and added 2 new ones, things play out very differently! Of course I wrote it meaning there are likely a few bugs to it!

Let me know which way you people ar einterested in!

I'd go with your mod. And hell, what's a few bugs but more fun to screw up gameplay

(What do you mean one of the traits sped up wonder production by 1000%?)

when you say no tech trading, does that mean it will be disabled for the AI's as well or as a rule you can't trade?

regardless i voted for your mod, but i'd be interested in this one next or maybe cleo...

when you say no tech trading, does that mean it will be disabled for the AI's as well or as a rule you can't trade?

regardless i voted for your mod, but i'd be interested in this one next or maybe cleo...

Yes it would be no tech trading at all, Rome is suspicious of Rome, thus opening teh doors for a Barbarian invasion :devil:

on Atilla ... Booty of Mongolia :p

OK, I have seen enough. The next 4 RPCs will be in order

MAD
JEWS
KILL
HEDONISTS

:D

Look for a Mad's Mod later today!

Attila would be nice too, but I voted for the mod. Here's "a few" suggestions for Attila though! Quite limiting ones actually.

I'd base him on Hammurabi (ORG to represent the light government without anything unnecessary, and the AGG is obvious) with Mongolian civ (Huns were a horseback riding tribe after all, perfectly fitting with Mongolia). Raging barbarians is a must because there were other barbarian incursions at that time as well.

I also suggest that you don't settle great generals or build military academies - individual heroic units are much more "hunny" in my opinion. Also, you'll join Generals only to mounted units - Hunnish heroes were always on horseback (elephants won't do)!

Huns weren't religious folk - ignore religion. Keep paganism for the whole game, or if Theocracy with no State Religion means that no religion can spread on your territory, use that.

Lots of pillaging.

No cottages. Huns were cattle herders, not careful terrain developers. If you build cities where there used to be enemy cities, pillage all cottages before doing so.

No building wonders. That's not fun HUN enough! This might be a real challenge since you were going to raze every city you take.

As for civics, none other than Despotism really fits with Attila as the government civic (HR wouldn't be accurate as Attila led because he was strong, not because he was of royal blood). Vassalage or Barbarism are good choices as the legal civic, anything but emancipation as the labor civic (that would make Attila seem like a nice guy) and decentralization as your economy civic. Religion is paganism or theocracy (if it prevents religions when you have no state religion), try not to have any religion spread to you at all. If you accidentally get it somewhere, that place is your new whipping capital!

No banks, universities, observatories, shopping centres or labs. You are a fricking HUN! Theatres, aqueducts, courthouses, lighthouses, harbors and libraries aren't very accurate either, so if you think you can manage without them, leave them out as well. Colosseums, on the other hand, can represent Hunnic ritual combat.

Huns weren't a naval power - play on Pangaea and don't build a single ship. Work boats are acceptable, but you won't be able to protect your fisheries.

City raider promotions first for all eligible units (Melee, siege and tanks), for mounted you give flanking promotions first to simulate hit-and-run tactics. Other units can be promoted as you please BUT...

No city garrison-promotions.

No explorers.

No upgrading cavalry to helicopters. Huns were riders, not fliers!

No walls. No castles.

No culture slider.

No founding corporations.

No vassals.

NO MERCY!

That was an hour of working time well spent. Good weekends everyone, and Lord have mercy on Maddy if he really decides to try this out.

if you're planning on playing as the isrealites I hope you at least wander around in the wilderness a while before you settle

Top Bottom