Nobles' Club 348: Roosevelt of America

It's a bit shocking btw that Monty's shared religion bonus maxes at +3. Dude has no chill.
Yeah, but he founds religions so that's +4. Fair trade, OB -> friendly.

Still a major outlier, just like Asoka in the opposite direction.

Spoiler :

Max bonus/penalty from religion (non-founder), # of leaders for each combination.

rel_diplo.png

True. Ragnar looks like a friendly puppy in that chart.

In any case I'll retire this now...

Spoiler :

If Sumeria wasn't an Aztec vassal previously, I think conquering the 3 Buddhist empires (Persia, Sumeria, Greece) may have worked at least to sneak a diplo victory. Right now Aztecs are just too big and going against Sumeria (the only other strong empire left, and only way to control the Buddhist AP) would almost guarantee Monty declares on me as well (in part since Gilgamesh has techs over Monty to bribe and I don't).

Spoiler :
List of things I was not expecting to do with this map: Set up Monty to win a Monty style Diplo victory :crazyeye:.

This was surprisingly tough given the starting island. Did anyone beat it?

I think this confirmed to me that settling islands in an isolation map is generally not good use of time.

Sometimes on fractal you get a pretty large landmass with no AI on it, maybe settling it first and befriending/conquering only a few AIs can take you over the diplomatic or domination limit, or maybe if the land is really good you can get to space with no wars, probably need 2x the cities of a deity AI though, their tech rate is really ridiculous.

Spoiler :

A good example of what I mean is NC 341 look in particular at @Mr_Trotsky's posts. It's not iso but the unsettled continent pre astro exists.

Not the case here unfortunately.

On this map @Implo got to Astro almost same turn as me (soon after T130) but had the Great Lighthouse which means faster research post-Astro. Still probably not an easy game in terms of military, and I really doubt a peaceful victory can be reliably won on deity on this map. Monty may win as early as the 1600s? (depends if someone else builds the UN early enough, he probably doesn't prio it at all). Early cultural victory would probably require you to win 2 religions (oracle - CoL?) and still get the mids, a tall order on deity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom