[BNW] The death robot is very poweful

Baba Yetu VI

Warlord
So I was playing around the ways of getting to science victory. I didn't do very well, bad luck.

And near end game, I obtained the death robot and the X-COM squad, both are very cool units.

The death robot looks really like the Mechwarriors, and damn powerful. I hit and captured a city with only 2 of them and 1 X-COM squad.

Is there a way to play CIV 5 online one of these days?

You can play online but most online games are essentially over long before you get death robots.

But yes, X-Com and Death Robots are super strong, the only limit is your supply of uranium for the robots. You get nukes and nuclear plants well beforehand and those usually suck up all of my available uranium.

I have yet to experience GDR in one of my games (I usally am done before I get to it) but I laughed so hard at it's description. :D It's the bit about "every other weapon will become obsolete and the fate of humanity will be decided upon an epic showdown downtown Tokyo" made me laugh the most ! :lol: I can only imagine (with 150 STR) it sweeps away every contemporary unit like rifles do away with scouts or submarines with caravels ;)

I'm also a BIG Mechwarrior fan so I think I'll love it ! :D

I actually found it modestly unimpressive versus the other modern age units. A single GDR won't win you the game versus a bunch of mech infantry or whatever.

I tried guided missiles on them
LOL
Your guided missile died attacking an enemy giant death robot

Helicopter gunships are kind of weak, but they get a bonus against armor units, and GDR's are armor. A small pack of 'copters (3 or 4) can take down a full-strength GDR pretty easily. But even they have to dogpile the GDR to kill it, unless the GDR is injured already.

Top Bottom