The Dragon Age Mod Project

Venetori is a very definite possibility for a City-state. Whether or not they have a special ability like the Wardens and the Inquisition would have to be decided as well.

I should point as well, that the Religions mod is available to download in the main post.

I don't think they need one, unless perhaps they can gift magister units?

Not sure. Just trying to think of city states outside the Free Marches, happy to have many/most clustered there, just attempting to branch out. Had you not included them as civs, I would have said that Rivain, Orzammar, Kal'Sharok and Anderfels would have been good candidates, as neither really have much political potency or initiative. The avvar would have been another good option.

As for an Avvar leader- perhaps the woman who heads up the friendly avvar in the Jaws of Hakkon DLC for Inquisition? I imagine they'll be based in the frostbacks anyways- heads up, not sure how to balance that with the Inquisition...also being in the frostbacks. Will think on this some more.

I don't think they need one, unless perhaps they can gift magister units?

Not sure. Just trying to think of city states outside the Free Marches, happy to have many/most clustered there, just attempting to branch out. Had you not included them as civs, I would have said that Rivain, Orzammar, Kal'Sharok and Anderfels would have been good candidates, as neither really have much political potency or initiative. The avvar would have been another good option.

As for an Avvar leader- perhaps the woman who heads up the friendly avvar in the Jaws of Hakkon DLC for Inquisition? I imagine they'll be based in the frostbacks anyways- heads up, not sure how to balance that with the Inquisition...also being in the frostbacks. Will think on this some more.

A few other ideas for City-states could be the Chasind, Friends of Red Jenny (could feature an ability to give their ally an extra spy), and the Fog Warriors.

Fog Warriors: perfect

Chasind is not going to work, just because of how intensely crowded that southern area is going to be already, given Ferelden, Elvhenan, Avvar, Inquisition and Orlais... not to mention I've got to add some deep roads area to get the darkspawn flowing. Let's not put anything more in Korcari, deal?

Wonder idea: Anvil of the Void, spawns 3 golem units. Require no strat resource, maintenance free, stronger than longswordsmen.

Wonder idea: Anvil of the Void, spawns 3 golem units. Require no strat resource, maintenance free, stronger than longswordsmen.

Already in my wonder list, 8th one down. I'll go ahead and stick the wonder list into the main post, so it's easier to find.

Though, I was thinking that the golems could be one of the Dwarven unique units that replace mages, since Dwarves don't have mages. There could be stone golems and steel golems, with the steel golems being an upgrade on the stone golems. Like the mages, they'd cost one lyrium each, and the ones spawned by the Hammer wouldn't cost lyrium.

congrats, how is progress on the others so far looking?

For the most part, I'm just trying to do them all one by one. Of the ones yet to be completed, the Dalish are the ones I have the most progress on, and you can see more or less what's left to go for them on the main post.

Anyone have any idea how I can make the map without having the civs I need? Without having them, I'm not sure I can put them into the scenario. I suppose I could use fillers until they are complete, just trying to think ahead.

Alright. Sounds Good. It seems that I might be getting my new PC earlier than I had predicted, so I may be able to work on the map soon. Once I have a draft I'll post it to let you know.

Hey, quick question, the Steam link in the main post for Antiva, as well as in my signature; are they working properly? There seems to be an problem with the Steam server connection here, so I can't see.

Still on my mac, so I cannot verify anything through steam. I will get back to you once I try to download everything on my upcoming PC.

Also, you never responded to my idea for a Darkspawn civ led by the Architect?

Yeah, it's a definite possibility. Though, of the novels, I've actually only ever read the Masked Empire. I haven't gotten ahold of the one where Loghain, Fiona, and Marric fight the Architect. I'll have to see if I can track it down if we're making a civ based on him.

From what I can gather, it's just deep roads, which means we can essentially put him anywhere we want. I'm thinking in the western mountain range, near hunter fell?

You know, now that I think about it, it may not be all that great of an idea to include him. I mean, if we aren't including the Inquisition as a full civ, I don't know if it makes sense to include the architect as one either. Does he even have any cities?

Based on all the hints in the games, he seems like just one of the magisters who blackened the golden city alongside Corypheus. Would we be including Corypheus as well?

Corypheus definitely has no city to call home. Alright, I agree that perhaps the architect is a wrong idea.

There is a pretty easy way we could add in an archdemon though as a leader of a darkspawn civ: simply give them the ability that any defeated darkspawn (barbarian) joins their side. That would mean the player has to spend a great deal of time building/uniting the horde before they could launch it against anyone. And they could simply begin with the archdemon unit, or have a special wonder, etc. Or, as per my earlier idea,have strategic resources (7 to be exact) spread across the map, called Archdemons, which allow you to construct a single archdemon, before being wiped out as a resource.

Top Bottom