The Empire Earth Mod

Yup.. and speaking of that preservation here's a nice recompressed 7zip download (Just over 20MB smaller than the 4 old zip files combined) hosted here at CivFanatics:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/empire-earth-mod-tot.29556/

I'll make a proper download page and mirrors on other sites later (EDIT: Done!) as I'm busy working. I also haven't made this download 'ToTPP mod mode compatible' as while I got it working with 'ToTPP mod mode' I had some troubles I've PM'd Knighttime about. So this file is pretty much how the author originally structured it but just recompressed in 1 nice 7zip file instead of 4 broken zips.

Very impressive. I love how he's actually converted all the Civ4 cutscenes into ToT and also made all the custom terrain animate. Just brilliant!

Test screens:
upload_2021-12-16_21-31-5.png

upload_2021-12-16_21-31-26.png

upload_2021-12-23_22-20-53.png

Last edited:
I kept running into glitches with the idle unit sprites falling back to base game definitions, and discovered there is no Static.spr file, so I reverse-engineered the masks from the individual sprites and made one myself. :crazyeye: I'm not sure if leif made any progress with proper animations, but the current sprites are all static, so this effectively does the same job in half the size.

In the process, I discovered the sprite for the Axeman (Slot 47) is actually a non-masked Sumerian Vulture—I moved it to Slot 76 in case future modders want to play with it.

Also tweaked Cities.bmp to display garrison flags, and swapped the tribe palettes for brighter display text.

Attachments

• EmpireEarthPatch.7z
    211.5 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom