The Estates General is Not Fit to Run the Country

thecommonnate

Theocrat
To the members of the DG, we are at a standstill as far as government goes. With the departure of Cyc and suddenly Lord Civius, things have become rough for the EGA, which has come to serve as a stand in Oligarchy for the Cycles. Continued visits from Lord Civius and Cyc have been nice, but far less then what the empire needs.

I propose to the Estates General Assembly the set up of a Provisional Government which will serve to hold the Cycles of Arete's power as PF until the King or his Regent return. The Noble King Cyc has a week before the EGA will make a formal case regarding his position, and we will continue to uphold this guideline accepted by the Lord Regent and Clerk of the Realm Lord Civius.

In other words, if this proposition of a Provisional Government is accepted by the community here, we will heel to the Monarchy at their return.

If accepted, I believe the Provisional Government of the Cycles of Arete should elect a Head of State that will function as both the King of Arete and Clerk of the Realm.

What do you say?

I agree to the notion, an interim leader till King Cyc and Lord Civius returns.

I'm back and apologize for the absence. I had a serious family crisis but it is over now. I do see a need for another second in command. Until Cycs return I will ask to be made King so I can appoint a new Regent. I will also step down when Cyc returns and allow the new Regent to remain at his post. As far as the EGA I have a few reforms to include all Citizens. I am posting this now in the EGAH.

Sure thing Lord Civius.

Just nominate a 2nd in command Lord Civius, someone that represents your views.

This might wait a couple of more days. I am in Vegas now and should have my laptop up and running in a feww days. (Gateway couldn't tell me if the erased my hard drive. :sad: )

I have already appointd Civplayah. I'll let him keep the post so I'll have more time for the RPG. Can't wait to have you back Cyc! I made a few changes so look them over and keep them if you like them or cast them into the fire.

I can not thank you enough for taking over for me, Lord Civius. Great work. I hope everything in RL has been worked out.

Aretan History will ring with your name.

Top Bottom