The First Daughter

Kev

Hired Goon
Hope you don't mind. I'm trying to see if I can post pictures. I'm such a spaz.

If it works, it'll be me with my little daughter, Shannon.

Edit: Sorry, this didn't work. Duke or Duck, feel free to delete this.

You just got a daughter? My wholehearted congratulations, Kev! :)

Well, she's 8 months old now, Spice. Thanks for the congrats.

Duke - I'm sorry to have turned this into Kev's experimental laboratory.

I have recently received some pictures back, and we had them put on CD ROM as jpegs. I tried to attach one of the jpegs, but I was given the message that it was too large.

I tried messing around here at work where I'm on a MAC iBook. Tried to see what I could do in the paint program, but it was a dismal failure.

Any thoughts? I've been able to email them to others successfully.

Originally posted by Kev
Well, she's 8 months old now, Spice. Thanks for the congrats.

Well, better late than never :) I must confess that I am quite relieved though, an internet forum being your first place to tell kind of had a weird feeling about itself. :D

The attachment limit is 500k.

But, if you upload them they can be 3MB each.

If they are larger than 3MB we have a problem.

At the bottom of every page there is the Upload File link (between the banner ads). That allows you to upload the pictures to the civfanatics.net server.

Then you can just copy/paste the URL into your posts. Spice and I have been uploading our screenshots for the game this way.

Try it out and we'll get it working. :)

Thanks for the help, Duke.

I did as you suggested, and lo and behold I did get the notice that my file was uploaded successfully.

However, I cannot find it on the list of uploaded files.

Further, I tried typing in www.civfanatics.net/uploads/kevshan.jpg and I get a file not found deal.

I can find many different ways to mess up very easy things. Sorry.

The file name, as you probably guessed, is KevShan.jpg

Thoughts?

I've often wondered if the files went through any filtering process for content or virus', so that may be the issue.

I have had a could of mine not show up on the list, so I resent them and then I saw that both of them were listed later on.

The only thought I have is that there might be a delay element to the uploads. I did a search on the upload file and it found nothing with 'kev' or 'shan' in it. You may want to try and upload it again, or give it some time and see if it shows up a little later. I know TF has told me that the server has a problem with spaces being in the file name, but that doesn't seem to be an issue here.

I say try uploading it again (I don't like to wait ;)).

I did try to resend, and no luck.

It's probably as you mentioned: a delay to check these files for viruses and whatnot.

Thanks again for the help.

Keep an eye out tonight for the next installment of the game.

Kev, how cool!! Little babies are so fun (now that mine has grown well out of the needing-care-26-hours-a-day stage I can say that :lol: ). My own daughter is now 12 years old :eek: and is still a great joy in my life. Congrats (8 months late ;) ) and blessings on you both. Look forward to getting the upload working.

P.S. if there are no other names to give, I think Shannonville would be quite appropriate for our next new city :D

Thanks, Leo. We actually had this discussion once or twice before. Recall, I have an 11-year-old stepson that I inherited as well. We had a talk about middleschool and how fast they grow.

Anyhoo, I tried something different. I emailed the pic to myself and then tried it out. I also changed the .JPG to .jpg and it seems to have worked.

So, hopefully, is a very large and EXTREMELY close up pic of your president and the first daughter, Shannon (who can get a city after Elibb and Civ-1 maybe).

I know the pix had been done in the off-topic and should have remained there, so I appreciate all of your patience and apologize again as this is probably not the forum to be experimenting.

We should post all of the pix of the Inner Circle. It would be quite interesting.

Here's the try:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Kev+Shan.jpg

Originally posted by Kev
We should post all of the pix of the Inner Circle. It would be quite interesting.

Here's the try:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Kev+Shan.jpg

It worked great. She's very cute. Obviously she got her looks from her mothers side. ;)

Pictures of all of us? Ummmmm......, I don't own a camera and I don't think TF wants to risk what that could do to the site.
:D :p

How adorable!!:love: She really is quite cute. Ya done good, Kev ;)

My apologies for not remembering our previous conversations regarding middle school and children. That was some time ago and I have difficulties keeping past conversations connected with the correct people sometimes :crazyeye:

Somewhere there is (or used to be) a page with pics of several CivFanatics, including my own. I think Matrix put it together. There may still be a thread linking to it in the OT forum if no one can find it from the main page.

Top Bottom