The Hand of Power (Rollplaying Diplogame)

Hello.

This is hopefully the first official Civilization V diplogame! The Civ Series is not new to diplogames whatsoever though! They fascinated me as a lurker years ago.

This game will be played using the GMR Client.

For some info on previous diplogames:

http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/150698-Diplogame-FAQ-and-Reference-Manual

For a summary of the intent of this game.

1-Storymaking. After each turn(or two) you submit some in character story for your player.

2-Diplomacy (fits with above) Use your imagination, create a great story line with pictures, humor, whatever.

3-No wars of annihilation! There must be real or perceived reasons to go to war in the game, public opinion will matter! If you try to kill off a player, the others are expected to come for you. really the goal of the game is to create these great stories, NOT to rush anyone.

Questions, comments concerns?

This game will begin once God's and Kings comes out. You will have to own a copy of the XP.

Player Openings:
8. Kyp Durron

To apply please respond to this thread. Applying does not mean you get a spot, but that you will be considered. I am looking for people serious about carrying thru on the story aspect of this game.

This sounds really cool! I would like to try it out.
I have never done roleplay in civ with other human players but I understand what kind of game you are trying to build and I'm going to apply.
Have done roleplay to various degrees in other rpgs and mmos.

However, since I dont have any previous experience with this type of game I understand if I wont get picked. I will still follow the thread however cause it sounds awesome.

G&K will be much more appropriated for this kind of game with religions and spies :) and all the new stuff we need to learn.

For sure i'm in!

G&K will be much more appropriated for this kind of game with religions and spies :) and all the new stuff we need to learn.

For sure i'm in!

Agree. We can wait for three months. Or we can start another game focus on religion story.

Anyway, I'm in as well.

Skimming through the manual, kind of like 'Speed' GMR but require more story telling, + graph. Luckily GMR slowly takes turns, so I guess one story per week is most likely? About 7 turns to have some major change of event.

Yes, count me in.

I would love to play. I've been looking forward to someone starting a DiploGame since Civ V came out.

Mind wandered, had an idea. Want to know what you think of it.

A game master that doesnt join the game, but acts as an observer. Much like a D&D GM. He/she could create a few different scenarios in the game for the players to deal with. Such as natural disasters, riots, terror attacks and so on.
An example could be: A football riot broke out in Manchester and damage was made to a building. The player owning that city would have to sell a building to simulate the loss.

These things can never be to big though as it might disrupt the balance of the game to much.

Early ideas that could be reworked or scrapped all togheter. Just sounded like a fun idea in my head.

I'd like to play when G&K comes out. I'll even write all sorts of lies about the other players if I have to.

Mind wandered, had an idea. Want to know what you think of it.

A game master that doesnt join the game, but acts as an observer. Much like a D&D GM. He/she could create a few different scenarios in the game for the players to deal with. Such as natural disasters, riots, terror attacks and so on.
An example could be: A football riot broke out in Manchester and damage was made to a building. The player owning that city would have to sell a building to simulate the loss.

These things can never be to big though as it might disrupt the balance of the game to much.

Early ideas that could be reworked or scrapped all togheter. Just sounded like a fun idea in my head.

Yes! If the point is to tell stories, we might as well have other 'players' make stories for the real players to work with.

I would enjoy playing this style of game. Is it perhaps possible to get enough people to 'share' civs? Also those players who are not 'in power' at the time could work together to create events.

Yes! If the point is to tell stories, we might as well have other 'players' make stories for the real players to work with.

I would enjoy playing this style of game. Is it perhaps possible to get enough people to 'share' civs? Also those players who are not 'in power' at the time could work together to create events.

I think it would be to complicated....

Anyway I guess this game will start like the 23th of June?

I think it would be to complicated....

Anyway I guess this game will start like the 23th of June?

It's a complicated sort of game in the first place, thats why I thought of it.
But like I said, just an idea and I wont be butthurt if it's scrapped.

I'm glad you won't be butthurt. :eek::lol:

Top Bottom