The Merchant Guild

I'd like to join. I like the organization and policy of this group.

I'll join. I highly value the connection of resources to the capitol.

Must the Sister Order of the Merchants prevail in enrichening the glorious Japan!

I see we have a lot of new faces joining.

Why dont you guys tell us a little about your playing style in CivIII and what your most looking forward to doing in this game.

Why hello there!

I'm 16 and I live in Iowa and am Vietnamese. Ingame I don't like to attack other countries until I have a large force and can quickly capture a few cities. Blitzkrieg all the way! I also like to start wars and watch a world war break out :D. I also like cap cities that have important resources to starve the enemy.

I wish to join. Althogh I am more peace oriented and have a strong focus on culture and science, it is all based upon a bulletproof commercial background.

As for my playing style, I mostly tend to attack nations who wrong me by attacking my noble citizens, unless I am in the mood to unify two nations: mine and the victims. Usually attack based on great superiority in numbers and more significantly technology. Rarely go on wild ambush attacks early on.
A city without a marketplace and courthouse is not yet a city.

I would like to join as well.

My playing style is sort of a mix of the previous posted ones. I like to start out in building mode, expanding and building improvements. Once I have a few cities that have 75% or so of the improvements, I begin pumping out my best offensive unit. I find the closest weak neighbor I have and conquer them, usually to entirety. Then Start over, rushing improvements in my original and captured cities to ensure fast expansion, then upgrade/pump out the best offensive unit etc etc etc. You get the point. I am in favor of a very aggressive style of play, resorting to war to gain technology and resources rather than trading.

Thanks.
KCC

Hello, as CEO and Chairman of Imperial Oil, I would like for a official partnership to be forged between our groups, if you are interested please reply in my thread.

I would like to join your established and peaceful group, as I am always looking for peaceful ways to make money.

However, I do have issues with the wasteful spending of the government, and the dispertion of funds to certain groups.

Oh and I wish to become part of helping the military out in it's development of nuclear weapons and peaceful solutions.

I am also pro social programs, and that they should be the first priority of keeping the people happy.

Hmmm...my playing style eh? I usually use militaristic tactics but as of late I have been focusing more on the economic orientation. I like to secure strategic and luxury resources as quickly as possible in the beginning stages of the game then I use military force to gather more and more resources when trading isn't possible.

I'm currently trying to master emperor level - have won a few, lost a few at the moment. My preferred tactic at the moment is to grow to about 5 cities, then launch an attack on my weakest neighbour (having researched straight to Iron Working most times). I try to obliterate them and then consolidate within 2 centres of production (hopefully using a GL to rush FP). From there, it's a matter of assessing the global position, and trying to pick and choose my wars to gradually grow into the biggest empire. By that time, it's easy to go for conquest victory, space victory or diplo victory

I would like to join as well.

My playing style is oriented strongly towards the situation I am in but there are basic tenants to it. I never give in to demands from other nations and I believe strongly in both securing resources for my country and depriving other nations of economic means. I believe strongly in generating a strong revenue early on in order to fund a strong military which is then later used to further secure large revenue producing cities and/or cities with strong trading importances (like resources). Basically I believe in useing an overpowering economy to enforce my foreign policy on the rest of the world through whatever means necessary.

Welcome fellow merchants.

WHen the creation chat is finished we will have a better idea of our surroundings anbd hopefully, resources.

Is it also our policy to extort our neighbors for resources and a continued co-existence?

good question, extortion is good...umm, oh i meant co-existance...yesss, coexistance...

Extortion, coexistence, all the same to me. Both means we aren't killing the other guy, at least not yet ;). How bout a forced coexistence? They hate our guts and want to raze our cities but we want to live in peace and force them to with our military :lol:?

Top Bottom