The Mongol Horde!!

I'm in a game as the Mongols now on Immortal difficulty and I'm finding it very easy to annex CSs by the mid-game. Once my army was around the global average in strength all I have to do is move a force near a CS and I can annex them. I'm not even having to DoW and kill their units first. It's possible that if they had an ally or a pledge of protection then killing their units would be necessary, though.

I'm in a game as the Mongols now on Immortal difficulty and I'm finding it very easy to annex CSs by the mid-game. Once my army was around the global average in strength all I have to do is move a force near a CS and I can annex them. I'm not even having to DoW and kill their units first. It's possible that if they had an ally or a pledge of protection then killing their units would be necessary, though.

Yep, that's their UA.

G

Yep, that's their UA.

G

Sorry, should have specified that the point of my post was to show that doing the forced annex is certainly possible on Immortal difficulty (I believe earlier in this thread people were saying that annexing using the Mongol UA was too hard even on lower difficulties).

Also, one thing that surprised me was that when doing the forced annex you end up lowering the city's population a bit. Though since you are forcibly taking the city perhaps it makes sense that you end up killing at least some of the population. Do some of the buildings get destroyed as well, or is infrastructure left in tact?

Sorry, should have specified that the point of my post was to show that doing the forced annex is certainly possible on Immortal difficulty (I believe earlier in this thread people were saying that annexing using the Mongol UA was too hard even on lower difficulties).

Also, one thing that surprised me was that when doing the forced annex you end up lowering the city's population a bit. Though since you are forcibly taking the city perhaps it makes sense that you end up killing at least some of the population. Do some of the buildings get destroyed as well, or is infrastructure left in tact?

It counts as conquest in all aspects. So you are getting the city as if you took it by force.

G

What exactly are the diplomatic penalties for taking a CS? It seems to always be a ton because Civs don't like that you "completely annihilated" someone, but I also haven't done this very often since vanilla.

Also, are there still yield bonuses for capturing CS? Or was that Communitas?

Reading this guide gave me a completely new idea! Thanks!
I saw some old video of tributing CS in the BNW days. That doesn't seemed to work in Vox Populi anymore?

Top Bottom