The more the merrier? (AoD2)

ironic_lettuce

Warlord
Hi everyone,

I've been playing the AoD2 mod, and with regards to city numbers, is it best to have a higher number of them? I had 4 or 5 cities in my game (on easiest level), then discovered that the AI had at least 8! Is that what I should be doing? The only reason I don't do that is because if I can't see any benefit from building a city in terms of making money through making consumables then I tend not to bother. Am I going about it all the wrong way? I just feel like I'd be building cities just for the sake of building them!

Any tips on this would be great!
Thanks!

It is just a matter of personal preference, you can win the game with only 2 or 3 colonies or you can build 20+. I usually play a long game on a very large map and end up with 10 to 12 colonies at independence.

In AoD2 v1.10, the AI build loads of cities, produces loads of bells, and will hog all the cool FFs unless you also build a large population in at least a moderately large number of cities and both produce bells *and* spend a significant part of your production building political points. What's more, it has become very hard to wipe them out - the other prefered method of keeping the competing colonial civs from hogging the FFs.

Maybe I'm just greedy, but I want the lion's share of FFs for *myself*!!! So it's a real race, with the AI representing a really tough competitor to top.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Top Bottom