Automated workers are HELL now. Or maybe they always were, and I just never paid attention, dunno.

Somebody613

Deity
I play on Pit's map, so it's huge and has vast distances between the initial cities.
Guess what, when I automated my workers, over time they started daydreaming about building roads between Korea and Spain, so to speak - and that causes IMMENSE LAG DURING MY TURN!
I first thought it was due to some other units, so I went and cut down a ton of hunters - didn't help (duh).
I then tried reducing the graphics quality and even implemented Viewports (which is an awful experience for such a huge map) - nothing (duh).
And then I realized that MAAAYBE it's the dumb AI, again (duuuh).
So, what type of AI could do this DURING MY TURN?
Why, what else - automated workers, OF COURSE.
I de-automated all of them - and, like you CAN GUESS, the very next turn the problem DISAPPEARED ALTOGETHER.
Stupid F-ing automated MORONS.
Mods, really, you need to force AI to think in "closer" terms - they tend to ignore improvable resources on the next tile (because I already have that resource, never mind that the city would benefit from this improvement), instead going for a Korea-Spain highway (in the wild, which also KILLS a ton of unprotected dumb workers in the process, cue hungry animals and crazy pigeons) that doesn't even connect anything important, for some moronic "reason".
THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED, PLEASE!

Top Bottom