The New World

tommyommy

Chieftain
Thought I should just set up a new thread. You can just talk about The New World in M2:TW here. I wouldn't mind if someone told me how to sail over to the Americas. Anyone got any ideas, or know how to?
Thanks in advance.
tommyommy

I haven't played the game, but I think you need to be able to build caravels. The European explorers got the new world with caravels.

I can't quite remember, it's either to do with the sort of ships you can build (so keep improving your ports), or it's to do with passing a certain date. Either way, you'll get an event and you'll see the map has widened, with a lot of dark unexplored terrain in the west :)

Thanks. I've done it now. I was trying to send my gun holks across the ocean- no surprise i couldnt get across :blush:
tommyommy

you have to use carrks , by improving your ports

It's not worth it in the least. America in MIITW just shows that CA put little to no effort on it. There are some mods that are working in making it better though. Up at the TW Center, I'm working on a mod focusin on the New World. ;D

But yeah, you need to wait to the Columbus event, then you need to build the proper buildings to get the ships you need. Then you can sail across and kick some Aztec ass. If your computor can handle all the jungle spam you have to go through, that is.

I remember my first time landing in the Americas. It was a dark night, and all of a sudden thousands of these wild people charged at me, screaming as they tore out of the jungle. No amount of fire-power could have saved my expeditionary force that day. The horror...the horror.

Of course, I just claim that the reason I don't go back there is because it's so late on in the game. But now you know the truth.

healthy sense of drama kan?

if I can regain my interest in my Scotland aar my main goal is an invasion of north america..... so your expeditionary force will be avenged

Top Bottom