1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New World

Discussion in 'Total War' started by tommyommy, Apr 9, 2007.

1. tommyommy

tommyommy Chieftain

Thought I should just set up a new thread. You can just talk about The New World in M2:TW here. I wouldn't mind if someone told me how to sail over to the Americas. Anyone got any ideas, or know how to?
    Thanks in advance.
    tommyommy

2. civverguy

civverguy Emperor

I haven't played the game, but I think you need to be able to build caravels. The European explorers got the new world with caravels.

3. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I can't quite remember, it's either to do with the sort of ships you can build (so keep improving your ports), or it's to do with passing a certain date. Either way, you'll get an event and you'll see the map has widened, with a lot of dark unexplored terrain in the west :)

4. tommyommy

tommyommy Chieftain

Thanks. I've done it now. I was trying to send my gun holks across the ocean- no surprise i couldnt get across :blush:
    tommyommy

5. Donkey Puncher

Donkey Puncher Prince

you have to use carrks , by improving your ports

6. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Erm, Tommy, why did you make THREE threads on this?

7. drzoidberg

drzoidberg Prince

He really want to get to America

8. Minoan

Minoan Shah of Somewhere

It's not worth it in the least. America in MIITW just shows that CA put little to no effort on it. There are some mods that are working in making it better though. Up at the TW Center, I'm working on a mod focusin on the New World. ;D

But yeah, you need to wait to the Columbus event, then you need to build the proper buildings to get the ships you need. Then you can sail across and kick some Aztec ass. If your computor can handle all the jungle spam you have to go through, that is.

9. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I remember my first time landing in the Americas. It was a dark night, and all of a sudden thousands of these wild people charged at me, screaming as they tore out of the jungle. No amount of fire-power could have saved my expeditionary force that day. The horror...the horror.

Of course, I just claim that the reason I don't go back there is because it's so late on in the game. But now you know the truth.

10. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

healthy sense of drama kan?

if I can regain my interest in my Scotland aar my main goal is an invasion of north america..... so your expeditionary force will be avenged