[R&F] The possibility/difficulty of implementing these abilities for a civ/leader...

daichou

Chieftain
Hello,

I am new to Modding in Civ 6, and am still trying to get familiar with things from some most simple changes.
I have some design in my mind. Some of them seem highly possible, but I am not sure about others. If I get clear "No" for some of them, it would be wise to change my design...

1. Is it possible/easy to know/mark cities that are captured by the player within 10 turns?

2. How hard it will be to create a unique action for all land military units for a civ/leader that can actively decrease the population of a city (and gain benefits from that, i.e. rushing production, granting science/culture/great person points, recover adjacent units, etc.) they are standing on? If the answer is no, then how hard it will be to have a unique unit that can have such a unique action?

3. If the answer to (2) is Yes, then can I know/mark if a player (playing this civ/leader) has used that unique ability within 10 turns? Also, can I make it so that the ability will upgrade with the unlock of tech/civic (increase population decreased for each use, increase the rate of benefits for each use, etc)?

4. How hard it will be to have a unique ability for a unit that is like "+2 battle power for each kill, cap at +10"? If the answer is Yes, how hard it will be to add "if this unit reaches +10 in this way, gain another ability"?

I hope this answer/discussion could be helpful for others who are thinking/thought of similar mechanics :crazyeye:

Some of what you asked about is probably doable but would require Lua programming.

FWIW an easier way to do #4 would be to give the unit a unique promotion tree. That would mean you would need to figure out how to handle the unit going obsolete though. Warrior Monks are an example of this. This probably wouldn't require any Lua coding.

FYI in general any time you add time limits or stacking limits to an ability it gets much more complex to handle. You'll notice most abilities in Civ 6 are more or less permanent, or at least permanent until their owner is changed (e.g. policy effects last as long as the policy card is in play).

Top Bottom