The Reload

Should Amazon's reload request be approved?

• Yes - Reload

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No - Do not reload

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Completely in favor, it's an accident and within the spirit of fairness and sportmanship to allow a reload.

It's certainly fair to grant a reload, yes.

IT was hilarious, so it's ok. But yes, reload is ok. But I'm sure some hardcore teams will be all gung-ho and say no.

If someone could post our team's outcome in the game tracking thread by... say... seven hours from this post, that would be great. I'll be at work. :sad:

I support the reload, but just barely.

The comments by some of the Amazons about threatening to crash the game if they don't get their way really irked me.

Yeah, they're not really being diplomatic about it. Still, I'd want a reload if we did the same thing, so it's reasonable to give one to them.

I'm a bit surprised by their attitudes, though then again maybe it's because I didn't know all their players so well, and always some individual players speak more rashly than a team would. There's always possible misunderstanding and they are probably legitimately frustrated.

I see that we did not specifically report our results in favor, but Dave has already ruled/acted on the issue. Anyway, the best thing to hope for is that something like this doesn't happen again, certainly not come wartime or anything like that. If discussion comes up on the main forum about what "future" situations regarding reloads my be, I might personally give my thoughts on what's fair regarding things like war and affecting other teams' moves. I really would rather not this be a game of arguing over minor things and unfortunately as the game goes on reloads become more serious/upset more things, so again hoping such problems just don't come up again.

If we wanted to draft our own ideas or proposal for a rule amendment I'd not be opposed to that either - again, it looks like discussion on this will continue and others are proposing their own "amendments" which I'm not sure I or our team would agree on, dunno.

Eh any list anyone creates is going to be the subject of "Well, what about x and y? Is z really worthy of a reload?" When you add x and y and take out z, they will say "What about a and b? Is c really necessary?"

Forever.

I think reloads should just be asked for and ruled upon as a case-by-case basis. We're 50 something turns into the game and only one reload request has been brought up. There'll likely be not too many more.

Well, there's already another thread, other folks can't help but debate this I guess.

I actually rather favor the second "proposed rule" listed in the OP of that thread. I really think discretion is necessary but it lists the major points I'd like. Perhaps I'd include on other rider on impact on other teams - a reload can't be called for at all if replaying the turn has significant adverse results on what another team did (eg. combat results between a second and third team).

Top Bottom