Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Civanator, Jul 5, 2003.
I think one should be able to choose any death, natural, by the sword, etc...
I liked the last game where we actually did have a stock exchange and some of the things we could do without having to go with the tech rule. Some of that was fun and made it more interesting.
maybe plain civ3 is a bit rpg-unfriendly, as there are only few techs which take long to research and they are far away from realism...
i think having a rpg with dyp in a low civ-level would be REAL fun, with new techs usable by the rpg every 2-3 turns ;-)
Now that would be Cool . Thanks to Curu, I am hooked onto DYP (PTW Version)
yes. the techs are better for realism---> better for the rpg
small tech-steps would get new things to the game in a fast pace instead of this slow-mooving thing... and the techs are clearer defined...
Heh, if we had more threads like this then the RPG would be big time alive!!!
nah, i think the discussion would the clutter up ;-)
anyways, we need at least 10 players to run a rpg... otherwise it wont be fun.
i think we had about 20 active players last game... and about 2-3 this game ;-)
those must be permanent, as such we would need imho 20-30 registered players
The problem with the current RPG is it just does not look fun to me, which is why I'm not playing.
So what would make it fun? Maybe we should open a second thread to collect opinion of the citizenry about "under which conditions you would participate in a rpg"? in the citzen subforum?
that could work, my main problem with the RPG is that it is too RP-y and not enough G-y.
Well, I prefer RP-y, but it needs to be good RP-y ;-)
please people! constuctive proposal on what to change!
What I would think a good rpg would look like:
1) actual role playing where the 'owner' decides when and how death occurs
2) I have never seen rpgs (besides this one) that much into finances. To me, it was ridiculus in the last demogame. We keep it simpler.
3) tech should limit what people have
4) no undead. jedi/ siths won't have supernatural abilites or even sabers. I think them using swords and guns would be okay.
5) we need religions. It is something that we caanot put in the rules, but it would make it more interesting.
6) We need nobility. How to determine it is a different story. The nobility should be simpler, too. Governors are Nobels and Feds are royals, possibly? I don't know how to do it, but that is one idea.
MAKE A STORY LINE
DONT BOTHER ASKING PERMISSION... J
JUST DO IT!
on what the rpg should look like:
1) no unrealistic methods how people can gain money. no money for nothing. if we want money to do something, we need to earn it somehow. but therefor every citizen should start off with some things in his stock, like sword, armor and horse.
2) a strong rpg manager. available every day. and the only person to decide things and to "steer" the rpg. not for rulemaking, but to influence the storylines and command the npc's.
3) parties of people. rpg's are no one-man-shows. the people need to work together in parties to solve puzzles and work out stories. the dungeon master or rpg-manager sets up those puzzles for them to solve.
something along those lines......... more rpg than civ, but based in the civ universe... not controlled by it.
we will need a good dungeon master with experience in ad&d playing though....... not a rulemaker.
note: the decissions of a dungeon master are undoubtable. if he decides it is law. no discussion .... so we should then remember that.
Ohh I love D&D, but I never got to be the master of a D&D game. That disqualifies me.
after seeing this discussion I think the rpg is heading the right way.. I may return sooner then I tought...
How spammish of you Rik
the RPG is dead. All the DG newbies would rather play the actual game, and all the DG vets are quitting the DG one after another...
Besides, it seems like the RPG (or this one anyway) was way too complicated. If I wanted to play an RPG I'd go play Final Fantasy or Morrowind or the like
I concur...I think we can declare the rpg for dead... time of death: A couple of months ago
Its sad however since it was loads of fun...
Separate names with a comma.