The Source Code/DLL whatever

Makenshi

Ahoy, ye salty dogs!
Why did they never release it, like they did with Civ 5?? If an official reason was never stated, what do you guys think the reason(s) might be?

I'm sure modders would do an even better job than they did on Civ 5 (and they did wonders even before Vox Populi, which I recognise as great but never even used).

Also, I'd like to take this oportunity to ask experienced modders: what kind of stuff would you be able to do with the game, should the things you truly NEED to work ever be released?

Hope these questions and initial thoughts spark a nice, long, healthy and productive debate.

The graphical core has some issues.
I'd like to fix:
- stuck aircraft animation;
- disappearing attack animation on big scaled end game;
- disappearing landscape or even game crash when rotate the camera;
- possibility to use colored texture materials on models of bases and improvements;
- possibility to use transparent texture materials on models of units;

Brighter game is needed! This is biggest issue for me. I can hardly see the map.
I think it can be a special graphic game mode. Like in Destiny or Doom. There can be several of them for deal with different user's problems.

Also of course, there should be a built in function to adapt scale of interface and texts to widescreen monitors.

Another thing which I have in my mind from long ago, from spending time with Test of Time and Alpha Centauri.
Apply artificial neural network training to the intelligence of the computer player. The good example of it is AlphaStar in StarCraft.
Just imagine that Beyond Earth AI playing so good as AlphaZero playing in chess.

Hi all.
Today I come here with sad, angry and even pissed off mood.
My investigations shows that miasma as a feature object could not has any resource yield. And it is hard coded, and can't be changed any way.
It's most stupid hard coded thing what developers could have done. :devil::c5angry: @devs WHAT WERE YOU THINKING OF?

Because improving miasma yield is a best natural way to make real Harmony Affinity feelings.

what kind of stuff would you be able to do with the game, should the things you truly NEED to work ever be released?
1. Ofcourse I would make Miasma to able to work as yielding feature. And full scale of technological, affinitical improve it to show Real Harmony Sense.
2. To make this tables work as they should.
Code:
    <Table name="Feature_TechYieldChanges">
        <Column name="FeatureType" type="text" reference="Features(Type)"/>
        <Column name="TechType" type="text" reference="Technologies(Type)"/>
        <Column name="YieldType" type="text" reference="Yields(Type)"/>
        <Column name="Yield" type="integer"/>
    </Table>
    <Table name="PlayerPerks_FeatureYieldEffects">
        <Column name="PlayerPerkType" type="text" reference="PlayerPerks(Type)" notnull="true"/>
        <Column name="FeatureType" type="text" reference="Features(Type)" notnull="true"/>
        <Column name="YieldType" type="text" reference="Yields(Type)"/>
        <Column name="FlatYield" type="integer" default="0"/>
        <Column name="PercentYield" type="integer" default="0"/>
        <Column name="FlatHealth" type="integer" default="0"/>
    </Table>

3. Separate Resource and Excavation to different class of objects. In order to one tile could has both resource and excavation.

4. To make "TechReveal" condition for the Features also, and not only for resources. Because in my mind some extra features of terrain could be revealed only with proper tech.

Last edited:
Couldn't you just create a new resource that contained whatever you wanted miasma to have and place it on all tiles where miasma was present? It would have to be dynamic of course, but seems doable.

Couldn't you just create a new resource that contained whatever you wanted miasma to have and place it on all tiles where miasma was present? It would have to be dynamic of course, but seems doable.
Thanks for Idea, I appreciate.
Ofcourse not. Because it will delete all other resources and excavations that was on a tile, because it's same object class.
I can consider to create fake invisible feature. In that case an additional scripting system will need to react on appearing and disappearing miasma.

UPD: Unfortunately, the fake invisible miasma is also not suitable. Because it deletes forest/swamp/flood plains feature.

Last edited:
So I just got a computer upgrade and went to re-install the SDK, but I can't find it on Steam. I went to my Steam home page and see the SDK entry in my games, but when I click on it I get redirected to the "Featured and Recommended" page instead (as opposed to the BE entry in my games, which when I click on that I correctly get directed to the BE Steam homepage). Can anyone point me to where I can get the SDK so I can re-install on my computer?

Thanx,

D

So I just got a computer upgrade and went to re-install the SDK, but I can't find it on Steam. I went to my Steam home page and see the SDK entry in my games, but when I click on it I get redirected to the "Featured and Recommended" page instead (as opposed to the BE entry in my games, which when I click on that I correctly get directed to the BE Steam homepage). Can anyone point me to where I can get the SDK so I can re-install on my computer?

Thanx,

D
Hi. Are you solve your question?
If not, then next subforum fits better for this type of questions: https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civbe-creation-customization.511/

Top Bottom