The stupid intro vid!

Exactly. Its hard to believe how blind [most] people on here seem to be in relation to usability or acceptable software design.

To me it seems that many people here just go "does it work for me?" line of thought and couldn't grasp the concept of code optimization even if a Java exception bit them on the ass.

Ah, if only the intro video had been about the historical evolution of exotic dance ... then no one would be complaining about seeing the intro over, and over, and over ... ;)

(Except maybe the six women playing Civ V?)

dV

Everyone thought the intro was touching? Here's two comments from the first page that say otherwise:
The intro is kinda boring.
I thought it was pretty cheesy.

As for everyone else, repetition can breed contempt. It's one thing to be touched by an intro the first time you watch it. It's another to still even like it the 100th time you've watched it.

Because for some of us it takes longer than that for the game to load.

If you're reacting to my post then I was asking why would you wait for 15 seconds BEFORE you press escape. As I said, you can press escape immediately and then just wait for the video to skip "automatically".

How would ANYONE notice? To me it just looks like the game is forcing you to watch the video no matter what. Civ4's method of having the progress bar and showing intros after that was superior.

It is annoying. I perfer the progress bar

It's pretty standard in the industry to have an intro movie which can be bypassed for a progress bar when you hit a key. That way you don't end up loathing the cool intro movie after seeing it hundreds of times and having it associated with an annoyance (waiting for the game to load.)

Just like the absence of ending animations of the rise and fall of world civs - it's a sign of low production quality.

It is annoying. I perfer the progress bar

I agree. It is just annoying. Is it really that big of deal? No. But if I had a choice between a simple splash screen and loading progress bar or the current setup I would take the former everytime. Minor annoyance

I get about 1.5-2 seconds of video before the game starts. What kind of dinosaurs are people playing games on these days?

I get about 1.5-2 seconds of video before the game starts. What kind of dinosaurs are people playing games on these days?

Well my PC is not a dinosaurs but it takes aroung 10 sec (hiting ESC the whole time) to load up

you can go inside your civ 5 folder and delete the intro movie. Next time you load up the game, a pitch black screen appear for 1-3second then you are in the game without intro.

I am proud to get a 1.66 Ghz Duo Core 2, 2 Gig RAM, Windows XP (Ser. Pack 3), Direct X9, Nvidia GeForceGo 7600 512Meg Laptop to run the game rather smoothly, except for animated leaders. I get just past the part I had a dream...

My computer just has something wrong with it. It takes 5 minutes just to boot. I am just too lazy to do anything about it. It has two hard drives and I am in the process of wiping one and doing a clean install. I am Maxed @ 2 Gig mem, so Windows 7 is probably out of the question. I can get the T7200 or T7600 and go up to 2.0 or 2.6 CPU. I may go for XP 64 , but I am not sure if Civ V is really optimized for 64 bit processing, although my system should work ok with it.

Isn't the ole man Patrick Stewart? Although after all the complaints from the "professionals" I am not sure he would ever admit it. Where is that facepalm smiley?

Top Bottom