1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sumerians

Discussion in 'Civ3 Strategy Articles' started by Ision, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

At the time I wrote it I was very iffy about what the tier would be. I focused on the few drawbacks Sumeria had. With hindsight and now the rating list is a bit more complete I admit I made an error. I would rate the Sumerians as a 1st tier civ and on Ision's list probably swap them with the Incas. My "tier list" is slightly different than Isions.

2. Jopedamus I

Jopedamus I Immortality is reality

Yeah, Sumerians are definitely 1st tier civ. They perform well in every map and difficulty-level. Great for early expansion because of agriculture trait, enkidu warrior helps a lot at demigod+-levels for early survival and scientific trait is great when you have large, well-balanced empire in industrial and modern ages(cheap librarys&universitys) for self-researching. Top-6 civ in my list with Iroquois, Celts, Netherlands, Mayans and France.
    @ Zardnaar: What is your current "tier list"?
    Just curious..

3. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Very similar to Isions but I would drop the Zulu down to 3rd tier and put the Indians in the 2nd tier. Inca would drop to 2nd tier and the Sumerians go up to 1st tier.

4. Enkidu_Warrior

Enkidu_Warrior Shaman

i respect that a lot. thanks for saying so. as you can see, i'm partial to the sumerians and i apologise if i came across a bit short and defensive initially. :)

5. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

I agree that Sumerians are first tier. Personally, they're one of the best non-seafaring civs on archipelago maps.