1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Total Map Conversion Project

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by GreatLordofPie, May 16, 2012.

1. GreatLordofPie

GreatLordofPie Warlord

Is it likely because I don't use the SVN version (I just can't find the time to download it :( )

2. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Which error message?

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

ahhaa:lol: WOW wrong pic, it must have taken it just after i pressed ok, DUH!!!:blush:

But anyways, in the Bonus area, you misspelled Naurual (Natural) Gas in one spot and it comes up as an error.

4. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Is there nay modder who could do this please?

5. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Warlord

Hello,

The GEM maps need change the start year. Actually starts at 12000 BC but this is wrong because at turn 500 in eternity gamespeed we are in 6000 AD. If start around 40000 BC i think will work well.

6. GreatLordofPie

GreatLordofPie Warlord

Sorry, but this isn't the thread for GEM, you'll want the thread with "GEM" in the title ;)

7. RidetheSpiral23

RidetheSpiral23 C2C Map Team

Rightfuture (get well soon!) requested that I post some information about myself in here. So...

Schedule:
    I am usually on the forum/chat throughout the day at work but am unable to work on stuff than obviously.

I am in the Eastern time Zone (same as Acularius) and I am usually messing around with maps after 8 or 9 PM most days.

Pojects:
    Completed the SEM and will continue to update as new stuff gets released.

Have work on updating the HEM and I have only Europe done. I would prefer if that was a joint effort (maybe split up the continents) as I don't want to update another whole Earth again :p

I have been working on a Huge Europe map in my spare time and plan to release that at some point. It could be used for the Iron Age scenario if everyone wants to do only Europe but I guess we will figure that out. If anyone wants to help with the Europe map that's cool too.

Random:
    I would like to see if collectively we can learn how to do a little programming to get custom events, etc for the scenario without having to bother the busy modteam!

I look forward to working with everyone!

8. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

ill do a continent for HEM if you like, only problem is im new, so only really know how to use the WB.

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Thats exactly how i got started, doing maps.

10. RidetheSpiral23

That's all you really need to know starting out. The members of the map team can help you learn the rest. It would be a good idea to PM rightfuture as he is the head.

There really hasn't been a decision on how everyone wanted to split up the HEM continents. What continent(s) would you be interested in?

11. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

12. Acularius

Acularius King

Excellent attitude. :p
    I'm not that fussy about it either, we do have two new resources to deal with, Tyrian purple and kangaroos, which shouldn't be as difficult.

13. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Emperor

Maybe since im australian I should do australia and japan/indonesia (all the islands).

14. RidetheSpiral23

That could work. I would personally prefer to stay in the Europe region as that is where I usually play. I could take Africa too.

15. RidetheSpiral23

Anyone else from the map team working on anything currently??

16. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

Hey guys, I'm feeling a lot better. Back on course.

I already know how to do maps a good bit. I've been editing them for years but haven't posted any. That's why I kept pushing for their to be a GEM thread.

If I had had time you would have had had a C2C GEM MAP earlier. :)
    I am Glad Acularius picked up that ball and ran with it.

For anyone interested, a group of us have agreed to start an unofficial C2C MapTeam here to keep maps current and updated with the Purpose of earning the right to be Official C2C Content., to create new ones and find others to be updated, and to make some major scenarios together. I've been doing similar things for 20 years so this will be both fun and easy. Who knows, this might be the first official content I can get into C2C.
    Let's see how much more we can do together!

My best times to have a meeting are in the evenings, after 9:45p Cst now on weekdays and after 7:00p on Sunday, although Sun may become a little tied up. I have a vastly fluctuating schedule outside of that so I can have anytime off. Weekends are a little brutal for me so they are not the most productive time.

Right now we are all calling for a meeting, so try to post your best meeting times here until we can pick the right one. Feel free to chat in the chat room, or talk about it here as this will be our mini-team thread. I'm hoping for a meeting asap, catch me in the chat room between now and when we can set the date, so we can start some good conversations. This is going to be a great team, looking forward to working with you guys! :)

17. RidetheSpiral23

I am on the forums a lot during the day since I sit at a computer at work but I usually mess around with maps after 8 or 9 Eastern time most nights.

18. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

For Anyone who is interested in attending a C2C map meeting event,

This will be to discuss coordinating efforts to create more and better maps and scenarios for C2C. This will include creating new maps, importing maps from other mods, placement of terrain and resources, keeping them up to date for C2C, and creation of new scenarios around popular time periods, alternate worlds, and genres. It will also cover coordinating efforts and team building.

We plan on holding it in the official C2C Chat room asap.
    So far it is narrowed down to nights or weekends,
    (Remember we will have to compromise as participants come from around the world. US CST may bridge the most people.)

Once I have a good idea of when most people are available I will post the best window here and try to pin down an immediate date.

I will start by suggesting that Sunday Night after 7p is probably best.
    U.S. Central Standard Time (CST) will cover the most english speakers.
    I am flexible but have to make it around work.

What do you all think?
    I would like to have it within the next 2 weeks, as soon as possible. I'm ready. :)

Please post your best time and availability right here in this thread:

Proud Member of the C2C Map Team

19. RidetheSpiral23

My post about times that I am available is directly above rightfuture's post

20. Acularius

Acularius King

I'm okay for a time, so long as I know in advance and therefore can plan around it. Evening on the weekends are best since they are the EASIEST to plan around and I can have extended conversations with the only consequence being a spell of sleeping in and not doing my morning jog.