1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Total Map Conversion Project

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by GreatLordofPie, May 16, 2012.

1. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

I'll have to get my schedule for this weekend. I will let you all know tomorrow!
    Ready for that meeting and purple Kangaroos Acularius. :)
    Everybody who can, Let's get this map team rocking.

2. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

My schedule is free after 7 pm Sat CST and most of the day on Sun. Sat is prob better for me this weekend. We're having rolling blackouts tonight in Dallas, so I only have a quick moment online.

3. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

I can do mornings on both Sat or Sun, Sat at 9p CST if I had to choose a time. It's also my fiancee's b-day, but we are working around it, if we can all set on a specific time for the meeting.
    We can also push it back to next week if everybody wants.

Helping the ModTeam to get a working V25 friendly version of GEM seems like our immediate focus, and a good reason to get moving together to start the team.
    I'm ready to get it started as soon as you all do. :)

4. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

6. Acularius

Acularius King

RidetheSpiral and I were there, I don't think Rightfuture was able to connect.
    On the productive side of things, I got RidetheSpiral hooked up to the Map SVN.

7. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

You are correct, I had problems
    It was frustrating.
    which URL did you end up using?
    Thanks for showing up guys, I am not going to let this stop me.
    This time we can set up more notice for a time and date.

8. Acularius

Acularius King

9. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

That is exactly what I was on!

I'm still seeing no one in tiny chat!
    It either times out,
    or I can't seem to run into anyone on it.
    It just timed out on me again :(
    I'm going to have to sort this out. Internet connection is fine, AT&T DSL has caused me some problems in the last few months, but nothing lately.

I'm going to sort this out and let you know.

10. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

I think the problem might be that you're using the tinychat URL try using a different one

11. GiuseppeIII

GiuseppeIII The Third Giuseppe

Do you guys know if all the map generators already in c2c are fully updated with c2cs terrain and resources

12. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

All right guys, I might need some help troubleshooting the chat, if we are all going to meet.
    I'm going to be back this weekend and try to make it work!!!

13. GreatLordofPie

GreatLordofPie Warlord

Well, I've had some time to settle in, and I'm finally back (both physically and mentally!) However, some things have come up, so I'll be on further hiatus from helping with maps until at least mid-September (though possibly longer due to the free time gobbler known as ... grade 11). I will still be visiting the the forums regularly, though, and hopefully joining in on some discussions. Hopefully some great things will come out of this autumn and the following year. Cheers :)

14. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Hey Guys

How is it going? I would like to join you because I would love to play a C2C WW2 or even better a "Next war" scenario. But I don't have any knowlage about scenariocreation beyond the Worldbuilder. And i don't have a PC that is able to run Civ until the middle of October.
    Is somebody already working on these scenarios? Is there anything i can do to help?

15. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

@Faustmouse
    I think we can all participate in the discussion. Looking up resource and historical maps, and linking them in comments is nice. Maybe linking similar scenarios made in other games or in other mod communities could spur discussion. Adding to a mod could be as simple as using the worldbuilder. If you are familiar with editing a map file, it's not hard. You can definitely search the civfanatics forum. Try google search with civfanatics if you dont know how to use the internal search on the forum. I'm always glad to respond when I can. Sorry it took so long.

@everyone
    I really wanted to help get the map team started. I'm still interested and probably will be for many years to come. I hope everyone feels inspired to at least add to the discussion. You can always make suggestions and participate as you can. I appreciate everybody involved for being positive. Keep up your participation. C2C is the greatest mod ever - look where it's pointed. You can at least start threads to create eventual scenarios. Everything is a WIP -Work-In-Progress and we can all get around to things in the future. Even if you don't have time to mess with files, take a moment here and there to add to the conversation. C2C can be as great as we make it!
    I'm still open for possibilities. :)

For those who care - my health is finally better, and though I don't have much time to mod, (i plan on getting married next nov), I am still supportive and willing to share my opinion and eye.
    The first step is always to tell people what you think. The more of us who take a moment to care -the better. You can always port scenarios from other mods. Units, Terrain, and civs have to be updated. I'm sure any of the mod team and active people will eventually respond. Feel free to do what you can. C2C is continuing to gain momentum and every month or so brings an even better version. We can all do what we can. Please keep it up. C2C is quite awesome - and it's potential is staggering. You can make it better by simply sharing your thoughts.
    Take care guys, and you will see me around. :)

16. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Hi Rightfuture,
    I'm glad you are still here!

I figured out now how to make scenarios and also how to edit them :) And since Acularius updated his Worldmap I am about to create the next war scenario. Once all cities are placed I will upload the map for discussion.

17. rightfuture

rightfuture Emperor

Quite excellent,
    Most anytime you want to discuss things, I'm happy to respond when I can.

Most of the editing is not hard, learning the details can be a matter of finding the right program and just cutting and pasting at first. That is how I first learned to program at 12.
    There are tutorials on civfanatics and lots of people, like myself, who would like to help, all you have to do is catch them at the right time.
    One of the great things about C2C is that people learn to participate as they choose.
    Don't forget to look at ones for other mods, some might be easy ports, that you can add your own twist too!
    You never know what you can do until you try!
    :)

18. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Yep. And no matter how long you need to be away from modding we always welcome you back when you feel in the mood to mod.

19. Acularius

Acularius King

Glad to have you back, if you are interested, you can be a sub for the multiplayer game we have cooking up.
    Most importantly, glad to see you in good health as well.
    I'm hoping to have my laptop back within a few days, and from that... get cracking on it again.

20. GreatLordofPie

GreatLordofPie Warlord

I'm back (for real this time(sort of))!
    @rightfuture: I'm glad that your no longer sick, and congrats on your engagement!
    Sorry for my recent inactivity, but school comes first!
    Now, for some more pressing matter: Because of the exponential increase in pretty much everything (or possibly the awesomeness of having dolphins riding robots), my comp is no longer capable of running C2C, so unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to help with maps with the mod until I can get a better computer.
    Until then, I'll continue to avidly follow the progress of this mod, as well as hopefully release a couple of my own. Thanks again to everyone involved in C2C, and I'm sorry I couldn't be more of a help.