THE UNIVERSAL CIV4PlotLSystem.xml !!!

purplexus

Prince
Okay I hope that maybe there will be a solution to the plug and play format brought into the CCCP and the Idea is this.

Anyone wanting to use a building in the plug and play format will be responsible for adding it to the Universal CIV4PlotLSystem.xml file They would download the latest file and post their newest file directly after they alter it.

ISSUES

1 Someone programs incorrect code and causes a malfunction at the junction

2 Someone doesn't post their latest addition to the file soon enough therefore missing the latest building(s) just posted.

3 will it decrease performance if the file becomes too large?

RULES FOR POSTING A NEW BUILDING

These rules are important to make sure there no errors that might occur in having more then one person developing this file.

1.) When You plan to add to the master file make sure it works (most important)
2.) Check the Inventory sheet to see if the building even needs to be added. It's notepad use find to check. Upon finding it still needs to be added then add it in.
3.) When you are adding to the master file add a post saying that you are editing it in
4.) When you are done editing the file repost it and edit your original post say that you are done adding a building in
5.) Always use the latest post to find the most updated copy
6.) Adjust the Inventory sheet to let others know what building are included in the master file

Yes, I'm already doing something along these lines for the buildings I've created modules for along with some of the new city art sets collected by GeoModer, this expanded file is included in CCCP so you can run building modules easily, as far as I know their are no problems associated with making the file to large (its already very large) or with un-used references existing on it. I'll only add references to it for which modules or perhaps supported mod packs are using. Any help doing this will be greatly appreciated of course as my time is quite tight.

Top Bottom