The use of carriers

If you can manage to build 10 fully load carrier taskforces and still win the game, you obviously have not played on hard enough difficulty level.
I don't blame the AI for not building carriers, they know carriers are crap and not worth the production.

Do a search on "Sirian Doctrine" on these forums, and pay attention to how it's used against "superior" AI opponents that otherwise would have an overwhelming land force.

Under ideal situation, I think naval power in general should be beefed up like this:

1) Naval unit should blockade coastal cities easily, if you have a hostile unit in your city radius, no watertiles can be work on, access to all water resource from that city will be cut and all water-based trade route will be cut.
2) Transports should hold 6 or more units, carriers should also hold 6 or more fighters, buildings lots of transports and carriers is annoying
3) Bomber/fighter should be allowed to destroy roads, so we can cut off enemy reinforcement routes
4) There should be a topedo bomber unit, that can attack only naval targets, including subs. Should have some chance of sinking ships.
5) All ships should have some anti-air capability, expect subs and transports
6) There should be tactical nukes, cheaper than ICBM, but can be launched from subs, or combine with a bomber.
7) There should be cruise missles, which can be loaded unto and launched from ships. Cruise missles should have a chance of killing both land and sea units.
8) Naval unit should be able to bombard both city infrastructures and units.
9) Better resource destribution, meaning, if you don't control the whole world, you won't have all the resources, therefore, making a navy and proper diplomacy more important.

I mostly agree, although I think that 9. at least partially already is implemented.

I often have games (both in Warlords and Vanilla) where, even though I controlled a whole continent there was a strategic resource missing on this continent (for example coal in my last game) so that I had to invade another nation overseas to get it (resource settings where on standard, of course, not on balanced).

I also don´t know if you should allow fighters to destroy (rail-)roads.
Bombers of course, but fighters, well, they can strafe and drop small bombs, but I don´t think they pack enough punch to destroy a (rail-)road network beyond repair.

Dida said:
Under ideal situation, I think naval power in general should be beefed up like this:

1) Naval unit should blockade coastal cities easily, if you have a hostile unit in your city radius, no watertiles can be work on, access to all water resource from that city will be cut and all water-based trade route will be cut.
2) Transports should hold 6 or more units, carriers should also hold 6 or more fighters, buildings lots of transports and carriers is annoying
3) Bomber/fighter should be allowed to destroy roads, so we can cut off enemy reinforcement routes
4) There should be a topedo bomber unit, that can attack only naval targets, including subs. Should have some chance of sinking ships.
5) All ships should have some anti-air capability, expect subs and transports
6) There should be tactical nukes, cheaper than ICBM, but can be launched from subs, or combine with a bomber.
7) There should be cruise missles, which can be loaded unto and launched from ships. Cruise missles should have a chance of killing both land and sea units.
8) Naval unit should be able to bombard both city infrastructures and units.
9) Better resource destribution, meaning, if you don't control the whole world, you won't have all the resources, therefore, making a navy and proper diplomacy more important.

how is that better resource distribution. that would suck balls if something important was only found in one place(and no oil isnt only found in the middle east).

@Dida: No, I was playing on noble AND I built it after I won.

Top Bottom