The World of Tamriel

I'm definitely interested in this mod.

Also on another note if anyone has ever played the Nehirm mod that would make an interesting mod for CiV as well

With Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim popping along later this year, this mod can really be something. I'll get to work on it more during this year and keep it up to date. Right now, I'm at a low regarding modding. I'm doing a town for Oblivion and a few maps for Settlers VI but also working on a couple of projects for Civ5 (The Hundred Years' War and Fairy Tale 2), but I'll get to updating this one in time.

Before judging someones work, how about trying it out and give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism before slamming it. Like the man says, if you don't want to DL it read the description first!

No the guy has a point - the point is to troll.

Well, as for myself, I've already given up on Civ5. I'm modding and playing Oblivion right now instead and will do so until Skyrim comes along. Then I'll be modding that. For me, Civ5 was wasted time, money and effort. I hope I won't feel the same about Skyrim.

Well, as for myself, I've already given up on Civ5. I'm modding and playing Oblivion right now instead and will do so until Skyrim comes along. Then I'll be modding that. For me, Civ5 was wasted time, money and effort. I hope I won't feel the same about Skyrim.

Civ 5 wasn't that bad...Fable 3 was much worse, I was completely sick of that after I got glitched out of the completion achievement for the 3rd game in a row and thats not even the worst part.:(

From my experience Bethesda usually never fails to deliver on a Elder Scrolls game. Can't go wrong there, it was my first game to mod for after morrowind(and still my favorite for user friendliness:goodjob:).

Oh yeah! My first mod ever (at least the first one I ever released to the public) was called "The Alcoholics Guild" for Morrowind. It added a house outside the town of Seyda Neen where there lived three alcoholics. And that was it. :lol:

When thinking about it, I've been modding since the stoneages. I used to change pictures in games and try my best to get old games to work my way. But it wasn't called modding back in the 90's.

Oh yeah! My first mod ever (at least the first one I ever released to the public) was called "The Alcoholics Guild" for Morrowind. It added a house outside the town of Seyda Neen where there lived three alcoholics. And that was it. :lol:

When thinking about it, I've been modding since the stoneages. I used to change pictures in games and try my best to get old games to work my way. But it wasn't called modding back in the 90's.

Did you upload it to elderplanet?(I was amazed at how many mods this site had, I actually spent like the next few weeks after school playing around with them all. My dad was threatening to sell the game not too long afterwards:lol:)
Mine first one was an army mod that kind of worked off the mercenary script in Tribunal. A later one I worked on was a werewolf army lead by uncle sweetshare and his general Fargoth who were trying to take over the world. It had moon sugar-high bears.;)

Hmm...the first time I actually modded for a game was around 2000ish when I got my first pc. I used a custom wizard portrait for Age of Wonders, though it was part of the ui so I'm not sure if it would even be called modding today...:lol:

Yeah! Those were the days.

I think the Alcoholics Guild is still around on Planet Elder Scrolls. At least it was last time I looked. It was a lot of fun to create though. I went on to create an entire city for Morrowind, called Tel Nechim. I put that one on Morrowind's ModDB page too.

Yeah! Those were the days.

I think the Alcoholics Guild is still around on Planet Elder Scrolls. At least it was last time I looked. It was a lot of fun to create though. I went on to create an entire city for Morrowind, called Tel Nechim. I put that one on Morrowind's ModDB page too.

It looks cool, if I still had Morrowind and more than 9gigs of freespace I'd dl it for a play-through. But why does it have a Telvanni style town name?:confused: Is there a backstory to it that I'm missing out on somewhere?
If your still modding for Oblivion I have an unreleased mod thats been dead for a while, that I've thought about starting up again lately... it would take ALOT of work so I might need some help with designing some cells if you would be interested...that is if I go back into it at all but if I do would you be interested in making some stuff for it?

The Telvanni sounding name always caused confusion. The town was built on an old Telvanni settlement and I even had archaeological sites in the mod where they were exploring these old Telvanni structures. The town had retained its name though, although the new town was of another model than Telvanni.

Right now, I'm pretty busy with an own mod called Dibella's Watch, but sure, I'll be interested in checking your stuff out too and see what it's about.

I unzipped the files to the My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS directory, enabled the mod in the browse mods screen, yet it does not appear when I try to load a mod. Am I missing a step somewhere?

The Telvanni sounding name always caused confusion. The town was built on an old Telvanni settlement and I even had archaeological sites in the mod where they were exploring these old Telvanni structures. The town had retained its name though, although the new town was of another model than Telvanni.

Right now, I'm pretty busy with an own mod called Dibella's Watch, but sure, I'll be interested in checking your stuff out too and see what it's about.

Sounds interesting, was it destroyed in a great house war like what hapened to Tel'Uvirith?(I think it was uvirith at least, its been a while since I've played morrowind so I'm a little fuzzy about the history)

Cool, I'll get it here in a couple days or so; I just got back from the hospital a couple hours ago, and am not feeling up to it at the moment.:crazyeye:

Please bear with my noob question.. Where must I paste the file? The root directory of civilization 5? or some other parts of my hard drive? I tried using the search function on the root directory and it didn't give me the "MOD" folder I was looking.

nvm.. so it was in my documents lol sorry for not reading earlier posts

i hope this mod more than most others gets rid of augustus, askia, ghandi and has its own leaderheads.

It seems wierd that as Morrowind, i start with no palace (leaves me the option to put it anywhere) but i put it in Mournhold as i should. I have too much territory not revealed, too many cities in bunko spots and it seems like it counts all my cities as one city to determine policy costs and happiness etc.

I like this idea and look forward to seeing where you go with this. hopefully some unique units, buildings, skins and daedric religions/social policies?

Also, you should think about timeline and continuity in the storyline of when this occurs to have correct leaders. i didn't check it all the way but i figured i would bring it up.

Also, Hero units would be great!

I am at loss to tell you how much I enjoy your map. When I happened upon Sheyda Neen that was a delight. (As far as I'm concerned Morrowind was the last RPG. Since then it is just downhill.)

Thank you for making this wonderful map.

(As far as I'm concerned Morrowind was the last RPG. Since then it is just downhill.)

I don't understand how you come to that conclusion. Sure Oblivion is slightly harder to mod(with all dialogue being voiced), but there are also many more options available to modders and players when playing and especially when modding the game. Not to mention Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

No offense, but you must be living under a rock if you really belief Morrowind is the only great game Bethesda has come out with in the last few years.:p

I don't understand how you come to that conclusion. Sure Oblivion is slightly harder to mod(with all dialogue being voiced), but there are also many more options available to modders and players when playing and especially when modding the game. Not to mention Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

No offense, but you must be living under a rock if you really belief Morrowind is the only great game Bethesda has come out with in the last few years.:p

You are absolutely right I really live under a rock. But, what I meant was that Morrowind was the top RPG as in playing it, not modding. Just bear with me, please. In Oblivion you build your character (YOU) and work hard and looong until you face the end boss. Finally. And what happens is that a weak, repulsive , who did nothing but complain behind a desk, as you did everything imaginable, steals the show. Kills the dragon. Plus, during the game the sucker is invincible (I tried to kill him) but at the end you have to heal him to survive and lo and behold he is the hero of the game. Now as I see it it is just sucks. And the same happend in Fallout 3. Because the add on resurrection does not count.

I am not a modder only a player. And certainly Oblivion or Fallout 3 are great games, but they are way below Morrowind.

You are absolutely right I really live under a rock. But, what I meant was that Morrowind was the top RPG as in playing it, not modding. Just bear with me, please. In Oblivion you build your character (YOU) and work hard and looong until you face the end boss. Finally. And what happens is that a weak, repulsive , who did nothing but complain behind a desk, as you did everything imaginable, steals the show. Kills the dragon. Plus, during the game the sucker is invincible (I tried to kill him) but at the end you have to heal him to survive and lo and behold he is the hero of the game. Now as I see it it is just sucks. And the same happend in Fallout 3. Because the add on resurrection does not count.

I am not a modder only a player. And certainly Oblivion or Fallout 3 are great games, but they are way below Morrowind.

That was pretty dissapointing they only limited you to one ending, they don't even let you see the world if you purposely screw up the Great Gate Quest. I agree, the lack of role choosing in Oblivion sucks.

That still leaves Fallout NV though, it ends pretty much with you taking out the enemy general and its all about you building up your support bases either for yourself(or for the legion or the NCR) on the way to the ending. You also don't have to deal with "essential" characters like there are in Oblivion, and it gives you multiple endings to choose from. All-in-all it is one of the best games Bethesda has come out with(that I've played).

Top Bottom