The Worlds Best City Placment and the City that was placed there

Introduction -

This was my first completed game, I got a Xbox with no hard drive so I could not save. I was playing on Warlord, as Rome, on the "It's Money that Matters" scenario. I never built a settler but, ended the game with 5 cities. 3 of them were crap, cause I had 3 GA and nothing to do with them. So I converted 3 cities, cause the Russians and Germans. Would not accept peace accept for a GA. I was new at Civ Rev so I was just trying to get used to it.

City Placement -

The reason I placed it there was there was Grassland w/ Cattle (5 food) next to it. I placed it at about Writing. What I didn't see was Whale next to it, after it expanded it wold get Oak. It had some plains for some Granary food. and forest for Hammers.

City Stats (at end of game) -

Hammers - 54 (the worst part of the city)
Food - +30 pt
Culture - +360 pt
Science - +130 pt
Pop - 30 (31 turn after win)
Great People - GB, GH, GA/T, GE/I, GS

Buildings (from what I remember) -

Library
University
Aqueduct
Temple
Cathedral (Ark of the Covenant)
Courthouse
Factory
(There's more but I forgot what they were)

Great Wonders -

Great Pyramid (I think it was in this city, but might of been in Rome)
Stonehenge
East India Company
Himeji Samurai Castle
Leonardo's Workshop
Magna Carta
Oxford University
Shakespeare's Theatre
Trade Fair of Troyes
United Nations

Miscellaneous -

The city was so great that every time a got first research bonus, the new unit was placed in this city instead of in Rome.

If I left any thing out please tell.

I was playing earlier today and I had a city that was producing 1200 some science, I don't remember the exact number. I don't remember the landscape, but it had Colossus of Rhodes and East India Company. It was a coastal city not quite 50% water but about 1/3 water for territory. I forget what resources it had but it had 3 resources bonuses, one of which was whale. Of course it also had library and University.

I was playing earlier today and I had a city that was producing 1200 some science, I don't remember the exact number. I don't remember the landscape, but it had Colossus of Rhodes and East India Company. It was a coastal city not quite 50% water but about 1/3 water for territory. I forget what resources it had but it had 3 resources bonuses, one of which was whale. Of course it also had library and University.

I'm new so I'm not great on having a lot of something.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure how it happened. I guess the perfect storm just happened, plus the wonders and the buildings.

Once I hit about 3000 gold a turn in a single city, it was great. I'm sure if someone abused future tech, they could get like 20,000 science/gold a turn from each city

I once had 4,000 gold in one city and 1,300 in another on the same game. I was playing as the Americans I think...

Once I hit about 3000 gold a turn in a single city, it was great. I'm sure if someone abused future tech, they could get like 20,000 science/gold a turn from each city

Hmm... i wonder... Ofcourse, spending all your commerce on science at the endgame might be a bad idea, but if you have enough production to handle the war machine... this would be an epic thing to try. Going for as many future techs as possible. Be funny if you reach enough of them to research future tech in a single turn!

Top Bottom