Things I learned about the science of warfare through Civilization IV

No, the statue was made of Ivory. But the cedarwood throne that he was sitting on was inlaid with ivory, gold, and ebony.

needsomesleep said:
I have read Ivory INLAY, not entirely of Ivory.
Oh honestly guys, do you need to discuss something like that here? I mean, the pyramid's golden top won't have been made of stone, but do you here anyone complaining?!

Oh honestly guys, do you need to discuss something like that here? I mean, the pyramid's golden top won't have been made of stone, but do you here anyone complaining?!
Let them be.... most civ fanatics worth their salt are history buffs

272) A city with cows in has more people than a city without. This effect can be increased with knowledge of Animal Husbandary:mischief:

I changed the statement about resources required for wonders to something else. It was a weak item anyway.

273) Horses are invisible unless you know how to manage cattle. This is true even if your neighbour already has breeding places for them ( resulting in animal farms with no animals in it :lol: ). But , for some even more esoterical reason, in the moment they are used for military proposes ( chariots, horse archers, etc ), they became instantly visible :confused: . Beats me.... ;)

274) Borders of Countries fluctuate often as more and more Painters paint, and Singers sing.

275) To end a revolt in a newly captured territory most countries have Elvis Impersonators perform a nice Concert.

277) The Trojan war was one of the least impressive battles ever, because it only took 10 years. That's like one turn! And Odysseus should not be complaining that his galley took 10 years to get home. That's also one turn, you big sissy!
And how did they build that big wooden horse? You can't use wood if it's in someone else's cultural borders! :nono:

278) Gunships don't take prisoners. They will casually commit genocide if they happen to enter an area with an unarmed enemy worker or settler. Probably playing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries really loud as they mow down women and children, Apocalypse Now-style. Also don't ask them to capture a city; they 'll just turn up the music and pretend they didn't hear you. 'Capture' is not in a pilot's vocabulary.

279) Elite samurai warriors committed ritual suicide when gunpowder became the prominent type of weaponry on the battlefield. Which is dumb, because they could have just upgraded to grenadiers.

280) Camels are EVERYWHERE on every map, but only the Arabs know how to make them visible.

279) Elite samurai warriors committed ritual suicide when gunpowder became the prominent type of weaponry on the battlefield. Which is dumb, because they could have just upgraded to grenadiers.

That wouldn't necessarily be a good idea. On a "Terra" map, I once founded a
city in the middle of a barbarian-occupied continent, defended by one samurai, who proceded to massacar wave upon wave of barbarian attackers, but barely survived each battle after I upgraded him. (I think it was the 2 First Strikes that made the samurai so effective). So I suppose we can conclude:

281) Samurai swords have a much longer range than hand grenades.

282) Your civilization can learn how to build elaborate architectural wonders from people who live in a village comprised of crude wood/bamboo huts...

283) The minor villagers of tribal huts may know more about Ironworking than the United States of America

284) Horse Archers run so fast that they can reach a Drill 4 Chukonu before he gets off one shot.

285) Leaders of Nations remember you refusing to pay them tribute for Over a thousand years

I mean, the pyramid's golden top won't have been made of stone, but do you here anyone complaining?!

Excuse me, it is not made of gold, it's electron... (sorry, couldn't resist...)

Wenla

287) Soldiers on modern battleships never have to come home to visit their families, because you killed the famlies using Slavery to build the ship.

288) When they build a wonder, it doesn't take people, the building materials just move on their own.

Top Bottom