Things I learned about the science of warfare through Civilization IV

Just like a Stealth bomber in a recon mission can make contact with foreign warriors in 4000 BC...

Did you know that a stealth bomber can shoot down a fighter jet? It's true! Civ showed me it could happen! :p

In Civ IV, ice in the oceans is always impenetrable because icebreakers are illegal.

At some point, gameplay must deviate from history.

All of the changes you want can be modded in though, some easier than others.

I agree, a very interesting game with somewhat close realism for a game.

At this level of science, it is physically impossible to even closely simulate a real Civilization perfectly. Nontheless warfare...

There are no ambushes. When one army attacks another army, the defending army always sends its best defenders on the front lines of the battle.

The only way to get to the top of a peak is by either helicopter or airplane... truly the safest way to go up there... not by climbing, which is impossible...

Your soldiers will only consider retreating when on the offense. Retreating while on defense is considered to be dishonorable.

Native American archery units get experience from totem poles by shooting the tallest head on the pole.

NoPeace, no need to triple post, especially when two of those were made at the same time.

DMOC, that one has already been repeated several times.

Another contribution of my own:

It's nukes, not Carbon Dioxide, the cause of Global Warming: a phenomenon which turns random squares of land (aka "tiles") into deserts, no matter their location on the globe.

You can turn cavalry into helicopters.

Isn't that what happened in RL? I've heard someplace that half the Cavalry regiments was upgraded to tanks and the other half to choppers.

Yup that is what happened in real life. Old Cavalry Regiments were upgraded to armor or heli regiments.

It makes sense if you think about it because Cavalry was used to make the decisive thrust/charge in warfare (dragoons etc) similar to how tanks and helicopters are used as the decisive push through enemy lines.

I just read some of the previous answers and I'll basically resume everything here:

#1- You can upgrade horses to helicopters.
#2- If you pay enough, your cavarly can turn into an helicopter.
#3- A cavalry can turn into an attack helicopter.
#4- It's easy to convert horses to helicopters.
#5- Helicopters came from horsemen.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

Top Bottom