Things units say

Spearthrower...... can you pinpoint the HRE dialect ?

I'm afraid not - my knowledge of northern European languages is not very deep.... I'd hazard a guess that it is supposed to represent "Early New High German"

http://web.uvic.ca/geru/472/472enhg.htm

They probably used regional German dialects' pronunciations as a facsimile for this "dead" language.

All guesswork though I am afraid! ;)

"Holy Roman dialect" ¬_¬

I hate Firaxis sometimes.

Well, as the HRE is a huge swathe of federated territories from varying countries, the best quote to sum it up would be

“I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse.”

Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor

But I believe that the political language in use was an archaic form of German.

The Mayans, I'd assume, are speaking Yucatec.
I wonder what it means when they sound like they're shouting "Hats for all!"

One of the russia units says something that sound slike "Garish do wop parrot Cheney"

I've noticed that some of the things that the Portuguese units say are in Brazilian-Portuguese and not regular Portuguese.

Really? I want to check that! Bah can't until tomorrow... :mad:

The Russians ask, "Shto vee hotete dyelet?" (sorry about the terrible transliteration), which means "What do you want to do?"

They'll also say, "Poshlee!", which means roughly, "Let's go!"

I forget what else they say, I haven't played with them since Catherine was Creative and Financial.

Btw, if I'm wrong, don't blame me. Я не русскый. Я американец, но моя жена русская, и она учила меня.

Some turkish units sound like they say "everywhere there's a big turtle" when you select them. Its not, but sounds a lot like...

OMG!11!!:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :goodjob:

It is just one word:D "Emirlerinizdeyiz!" It means:"we are at your services!"

HRE language is i think a kind of Bairisch(bavarian).Because i can understand it.

one of the things the Japanese units say is "Mondai arimasen" which is literally "I have no problem"

I don't play Tokugawa enough to catch the others

It does not sound like bayrisch at all, I listened to it again and still think its either Berlinerisch or Plattdeutsch.

A few parts of those sentences are indeed Plattdeutsch, but I think this is a mixture of several dialects.

It does not sound like bayrisch at all, I listened to it again and still think its either Berlinerisch or Plattdeutsch.

Well,i have never heard someone speaking Berlinerisch or plattdeutsch.I thought it was bayrisch or frankisch.:)
And what is plattdeutsch like?platt?:)

Okey wait 1 minut i will start the game and listen what the persians are saying

ive noticed it dosent sound anything like how i speak farsi

Hi CFC !!!

Voices in Civ are so funny.
Plattdeutsch/Platt/<insert another Platt synonym here> is a sort of Frankish language spoken in Luxembourg, part of West Germany, Extreme Southern Belgium, Moselle (French "département") but I don't know if it's used for HRE in cIV. I think my dead grandma was speaking it, since she was born in Aachen/Aix la chapelle and didn't really understand German language. But neither i can understand German or Platt so i can't help you.

Egyptians are speaking Egyptian Arabic, it's a bit funny cause it sounds like if someone was singing arabic (strange accent :crazyeye: ). For me it's stupid they should have find a copt, it would have fit more.

And as a French (shame on me ;) ), i'm totally laughing out loud when i'm playing them coz they're really ridiculously speaking. I think it's someone trying to imit French from France and i apologize if im wrong :confused:

Can't remind other civ spoker, but i love that voice feature.

Top Bottom