[NFP] Things you wish Firaxis had never changed

Removing the incremental per turn bonus for staying in government X :undecide:That was far more interesting and less clunky than the policy cards that replaced them. You also had a mix of bonuses later in the game and not just the card of the government you were last in, in that tier, when you build the equivalent ranked building in your Government Plaza. Which may not have been a government you spent much time in either.

It was much more immersive when your on going bonus was locked to your game experience; rather than a government you maybe only had for time it took you to research one civic.

I wished they hadn't changed the amenity threshold. The opportunity cost for +10% is too high to go for +5 now. I'm not a big fan of the AI priority on the Pyramids now either. Obviously I can live without them, but now they're lumped in with the Great Bath and Stonehenge as a "don't even bother". I play mostly peacefully so conquering them won't be a thing unless domination is my win con. At least Apadana is far more gettable now.

Ideology blocks from civ 5- It was a cool mechanic to form new alliances and push your idology to destabilize other civs, in Civ6 either evryone hates you or you befriend everyone.

Cities that look like cities- this is my main visual gripe with the game, cities are a patch of disconnected suburbs, not cities.

Terrain sets- Civ5 did this right, diferent continetns have diferent terrain sets, and it looks so fine, civ6 is very samey with pine trees everywhere. (actually puzzled as to how they havent tried to sell this as DLC even)

Vassals- Sometimes, I don't want to crush a civ into extintion, I just want to vassal it so it's no longer a nuisance, or to form a power block.

Terrain sets- Civ5 did this right, diferent continetns have diferent terrain sets, and it looks so fine, civ6 is very samey with pine trees everywhere. (actually puzzled as to how they havent tried to sell this as DLC even)
I agree that making different continents look different was a good idea. Unfortunately all of Civ5's terrain looked like mud so I wouldn't exactly say it did it right. :p

One change that does genuinely irk me is the prolonged Science Victory. Adding mechanics to make it take longer doesn't change the fact that the game is usually well in hand by that point. They're still just prolonging the inevitable for the sake of doing so.

For me, it's the left-wing political 'Climate Change' BS they have introduced that irritates me more than just about anything else.

For me, it's the left-wing political 'Climate Change' BS they have introduced that irritates me more than just about anything else.
The climate change stuff happens so late I've honestly never experienced it in any game, unless you count diplo penalties from pollution. So at least it's mostly a non factor.

I dislike the loyalty mechanic. Perhaps if it were nerfed, it would be okay, but as it currently stands, wars turn into a game of wack-a-mole since it is difficult to keep control of cities which are conquered. In my most recent game, I was conquering Spain. I rushed in and took 4 (out of 6) cities before any of them went rogue. The capital was well protected by bottle necks and could not be taken quickly and the final city was in the middle (so 2 cities in to the north and 2 to the south were taken. I could not keep control of these four cities long enough to take over the other two. I ended up taking them each 3x times!

Top Bottom